FS: Hey GN Guys; 86 GN-$1000

It’s not pretty. The pics make it look better than it is in opinion. The driver’s side door won’t close because the hinges were tweaked when the door flew open during tow.

1.Kick Jam out of garage
3.Profit.

The landlord has a gigantic pontoon boat in there for the winter, and there is just enough room for the BMW. His Accord won’t even fit. The boat won’t be gone for a few months unfortunately. I make my living flipping parts so making money off a car like that would be cake for me.

If I could get my Engine bay shaved and ready for paint, and had someone to paint the bay for me I’d let you use my garage until I got the car back.
We’ll see what I can do…

It’s not that bad, if I were into these cars I would pick it up for sure.

all the ttypes do and some of the 86’s, those rims are ttype rims, and could of been painted, but yeah could be an 85 hot air car.

alot of stuff before just dropping a GN motor into a gbody, need a strong tranny, not any old 200r4 will do, must be GN, ttype spec, also the rear end must be upgraded, gns use a corporate 10 bolt.

Yeah I’m new to these cars, I haven’t done much research yet. But I’m willing to drop some coin to do a swap right.

(posting from Jam’s comp)

I’m sure it’s an 86. For some reason this car has a mix of early rims and the 86-87 rims.

Also, I don’t think these came with 700-R4s. I’m pretty sure they came with the 200-4R. You can double check me if you want. I have a built 200-4R behind my blown 302 and it’s a pretty kick ass tranny!

yeah thats not bad, id consider it not for 1000$
I’ll give the guy 400$ and sell you guys the turbo stuff.
Depending on how bad the frame was.

If the cars an 86 ill pick it up, but if its an 84 or 85. They made less gn’s those years, but there not worth anything. Let us all know the exact year. Looks like it can be restored.

No turbo regals came with a 700 tranny, not a single one of them. If built correctly, your right, they can handle a ton of power.

My 200r4 was bulit proof! It was build to withstand over 800 hp. So my engine would never have killed it. I keep getting emails from the guy who bought the car, he loves it.

yeah i had mine done by janis, total overkill with what i had, but it was worth it

ewwwwwww,I just hope for whoever buys it that its mud in the back seat.LOL

Frame is shot. Educated guess says the floors are done too. It’s been sitting in dirt since 1999 (last inspection sticker). I know the guy won’t take $400. Last time I tried he turned down $600. He said he either needs $750 or $950. Can’t remember. Still haven’t heard back from him. Left my number on the car on Friday. Note is was gone Sat when I went to take pics, but no call back. I tried to get the VIN today but it’s snowing like fuckin crazy and there’s too much condensation (now it’s ice, actually) in the window to see it. I also could not read it from the door sticker. Sticker is really faded. Where else can I find the VIN?

The VIN is 1G4GK4779GP450374

sucks when people would rather let something waste away.
Stupid people always want way to much for junk.

yea its not that bad if the drivetrain is in tact ill pick this up

Sent you pm. I don’t think what he wants out of it is a bad buy, the more I look into it. Good luck!

Tom