FS: High end game \ recording \ video computer

Complete gaming computer featuring:
Aspire tower with top fan, side window w\ room for fan (not installed,liquid cooled) , and 750w Power Supply
Two Asus GeForce 7800 GTX 256 Vid cards running in SLI PCIe 16+16
AMD x64 4800+ Dual Core Processor
2 gig ddr3 memory
Asus mainboard w\ 32x pipelines for both vid cards, onboard LAN
Liquid Cooled processor, Just refilled w\ non-conductive liquid coolant , adjustable fan speed.
Western Digital 7200 RPM 180Gig hard drive
Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Sound card
Temp readout on front of case
standard Sony cd\dvd dvd±R
media card reader including 3.5 floppy

-$1250 OR trade for a laptop of equal value or laptop + cash.

• wont be able to part it

u say high eng gaming?

how bout some benchmarks please. cpu/memory/vid would be nice.

and what speed is the processor.

Since its WC im sure your overclocking, how does it run orthos and pi?

processor is a dual core 2.41 ghz
honestly never did any OC, hadnt felt the need to, or at least i didnt run any BRAND new games. battlefield and fear and HL2 were the ones i stuck with.
I will try to get some benchmarks up. I reformat the system so there is nothing on it but windows XP 64 at the moment. I could reinstall fear or battlefield to run a session to find out, or download a benchmark program. When I get home tonight and sit down at that computer ill try to run a few numbers.

why watercool if no oc?

more just piece of mind than anything else, part of the idea of this computer was for it to be built to last, as well and get my uses from it. I didn’t want to risk any damage from heat. I also in all honesty hadn’t understood alot about liquid cooling when I had this system built. I had some things recomended to me, did my homework, and went from there. And in all honestly, i went over kill for what i needed. It was dumb of me, but I did it =/

ok i am not trying to bash or anything at all here so please dont get mad or start a intertube war here but you can pick up higher spec computers with a monitor for that price. i would just try and be a little reasonable on the price before someone lowballs you and you get upset. i have seen dells with quad core cpus 4gig ram and more hd space for lower than that. once again not bashing just saying look around at current comp pricing and just think and try and be a little more reasonable.

i think it’s overpriced… could get brand new identical system for similar price

just what i think… otherwise… cool system and way overkill on the cooling :stuck_out_tongue:

Good build!

Definitely a good pc for anyone looking to own it for the next 3-5 years without issues.

well it does include a 17’ flat pannel monitor, forgot to mention that, sry.
And for pricing what I did was just look up the cost of the parts new on newegg and tiger direct, and half em. any takers for $1100?

Sounds like a reasonable approach…

The only thing driving up the price is the liquid cooling system, other than that, it’s an “ok” system.

Its a nice build to be fair. The price is good. But I think people forget what gaming pc means. To be a gaming pc by todays standards, it better be breaking 12000 in 3D06. That or 18-20fps in crysis dx10 mode all very high (yes i know 7 series cant be in dx10 mode). Something to show it can at least handle current games. Got a 3D mark score to back up the claim?

downloading 3DMark06 v110 Basic Edition right now. any other recomendations? I’m not up to date w\ all the newest gaming \ benchmark programs. any advice of what else to test?

That would be the benchmark most people can relate to. A score from that should give a good idea of its gaming capabilities. Post the sm2, sm3, and cpu scores. Dont change any settings though. As soon as it starts just run it.

my DELL XPS I built piece by piece when i ordered it, it has way better specs and I paid $900… 2 years ago, and a free 19"LCD, AND 2 year warranty.

the liquid cooling is the only thing listed out of the ordinary, and it surely doesn’t make it anything close to high end

whats the lowest you’d take on this thing?

If it has WAY better specs, post them? It really cant be since 2 years ago, that stuff was the high end. Also…why would you need another if yours is way better? Arent you the guy I sold R6 Vegas to, and your pc couldnt even play it? Weird…

because I need a separate computer for gaming my vid card is the only thing on this pc that needs an upgrade

Thats a big part of any pc. And since he has sli, hes got your rig wooped regardless of your cpu or mem, which btw you still havent named. Itd have to be something really sick (not 2 years old) to be way better than his rig. sorry.

Score was a 11255 according to the 3d mark using dx9. Understandably not the VERY best, but still decent numbers from what i gather. $1000 if its gone by friday, if not ill just keep it. Any takers?

$1000 is a good price for a pc that scores 11200 in 3D mark.