FS: most reliable beater ever: 89 Toyota Camry

since i picked up my new dd, the ultimate beater is for sale. Eviljay has dibs, but if he doesn’t end up buying it i want to have people to fall back on.

around 177k on the clock and still going strong. the legendary toyota 2 liter I4, 5 spd manual tranny, pwr locks / windows, cd player, pwr steering, cruise sometimes works.

the good:
This is the most reliable beater you will own. All i had to do was change the oil, put new brake pads on, and replace a flat tire in the year that i owned it, and i drove it every day (put on probably 12k miles in this past year). No starting issues, runs like a champ. Took me back n forth to Cleveland OH countless times without a problem. for a car with nearly 180k, thats saying a lot.

the bad:
front passenger door is locked and wont unlock…gotta dukes of hazard it to get in. rear driver’s window doesnt open :gotme:. the exhaust needs to be rewelded together as it broke away at the flange just before the cat. its pretty loud. probably needs front rotors. all the fenders are well rusted in true buffalo car style. for a beater, you cant really complain. it gets you where you need to go.

$1000 takes it. pm me if youre interested. no pics at this time, the car is down in cleveland with my gf.

Does it come with the light up skull shift knob?

And I would definetly keep it around for when your Rotary wont start when its Zero degrees outside.

yikes…i really dont think you’re gonna get a grand for a car judging by the description and how cheap people are…if it was a honda on the other hand though… :wink:

but definitely GLWS anyway…

and +1 to hanging on to it…Z’s and Mazda rotaries don’t have the best track records when it comes to reliability…and it’s not like an extra $1000 or less in your pocket will change your financial life…

$1 and i’ll come get it :slight_smile:

But for real, its not bad at all, i’ve had the honor of driving this a few times. Great DD…with the exception of having to Dukes of Hazard into the car

pics.

noods

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:2,topic:32241"”]

And I would definetly keep it around for when your Rotary wont start when its Zero degrees outside.

[/quote]

:word:

LOL at the rotary not starting. It’s like practically new. And im sure woody’s parents dont want three of his cars in the driveway LOL he’s starting to sound like me

Just saying…lot of RX8s at northtown in the winter months

awesome car, it looks like the cackord kinda, only not as haggered :bloated:

wonchjay you better buy this and get that pile of shit you call a luuuuuuxury car out of our parking lot :lol:

glws woodrow

like i said, no pics. the car is currently in ohio with my girlfriend. go find it if you want to see it.

the only way im keeping this car is if someone is willing to let me store it at their house. the woods’ driveway is at full capacity.

oh and the shift knob will only go to select buyers. it has a certain sentimental value to me :slight_smile:

pics of girlfriend then?

glws.

siqq i love this car