FS: Nova Motor

This is for real this time. I’m out of the game for good no need to have all this money sitting under the hood. Motor is in the car and you can hear it run. Its a 489 Chevy Bigblock. 454 block bored .30 and stroker kit. Eagle Forged crank, H-Beams, JE pistons. .640 lift Solid flat tappit cam, canfield alum. heads, Vic Jr. Intake, Heads and intake portmatched, Moroso oil pan,all ARP bolts, vic. jr waterpump, holley fuel pump, yada yada yada…Motor was built in 04’ with all new parts and a virgin block. New rings and bearings in 05’ and I drove it 5 times to car shows in 06’.

Intake---->Pan $6,000. Matching COAN converter also available. Probably not too much interest here but maybe someone knows someone… Send PM if interested or know someone interested or call 870-9955 leave message. Not parting out yet either would prefer to sell as a whole. If no local interest itll be on Ebay.

I might have somebody for ya … is it a pump gas motor ???

yup pump gas 93 octane and shes happy

In 04’ the motor dynod 495rwhp and 505 rwtq

In 05’ it dynod 423rwhp and 567 rwtq

also have time slips 6.90 @ 105mph n.a. in a 3600lb Nova off the foot brake with 3.73 gears on bfg drag radials.

Different dynos, different temps, different trannys, different carbs, different headers…but you can see roughly where it is power wise. Pulls from start —> finish no waiting for the wrath its always there! Run the 1050 carb with bigger headers and a th350 put down 500wheel n.a hit the 250 shot and your 700+ wheel for around 6500 bux Cant beat that!!!

Cool beans … Ill give him your number later tonight … Im pretty sure he’ll take it

:tup:

i may know someone as well…i think Derrick and i are thinking the same person…

wow thats a beast of an engine glws :bump:

such a hot motor glws ill ask around for ya justin

damn… are you seriously having a kid? or maybe twins or triplets??

sbc 4L

i have heard alot of things about this motor… pretty gnarly if you ask me… how much does the nova weigh with it in? any idea?

llllllll

seems like a pretty good deal. pissed i never got a run with this car…but it’ll make the next owner happy it seems :tup:

i passed this on to some people at work and they are VERY interested. finders fee? :wink:

Ive weighed my car for the past 3 years on the same scale. This year was its heaviest. With me in the car it weighed 3620lbs with nothing taken out of the car to reduce the weight.(n20 bottle still in back, seats still in etc). The roll cage added 130lbs to the car from last years weight. Going from smallblock to bigblock barely added any weight I was very suprised when it hit the scale.

And thanks guys definately do pass this on itll put a smile on someones face I guarentee. Finders fee…sure why not.

http://innovativetuningdl.com/dyno/pulls/FastMofo10.22.05.gif

Im sure most have seen this but I’ll toss it up just incase anyone wanted to let someone know specifics. This was through a th400 trans which robs more power than a th350 or standard trans. I also have a dyno sheet of this motor with the 495rwhp but not on the computer. That was through a th350 trans, a 1050 carb vs. the 950 I had, slightly larger headers, and an electric fuel pump vs the mechanical pump I was running.

There is still alot that can be done to this motor. It is nowhere near maxed out. Roller cam, more compression (around 10.5.1 now), more head work, dominator intake/carb etc…definately room to pull out more power if you wana spend the money but it pulls pretty hard as it is now and with a shot of giggle juice its a done deal thats why I didnt spend the extra $ on all that stuff I just named.

As far as the dyno goes you can see it makes awesome na TQ downlow and HP is steady the whole way. Whatever HP you add to this motor it will make from start to finish. You climb no mountain to get to the power it is always there. Ignore the n20 figures. I believe they dropped like they did due to low bottle psi and the bottle valve not being able to support the shot I had on for the dyno session.

Also with motor I will give the new owner all bigblock bracketry. I have march serpentine pullies for it I will sell also. It has nice beefy aluminum valve covers on it-no cheap tin shit. Double roller timing chain.

Another little tid bit of info is that this motor is a high nickel block. It can be bored to over 500 cubes. The block is unmarked to any specific vehicle. It was an out the back door thing years back. So basically if someone wanted a numbers matching car and they needed a numbers matching 1969’ 454 they could stamp this block and be numbers matching. And No the block was not decked. It is true deck height. $1,500 in machine work done to block. No fucking around.

I forwarded the info onto a couple of SBC/BBC guys that play with these.

GLWS

Sick motor for a good price :tup: GLWS man :tup:

:tup: i belive you will or already have got a call from a perosn i passed this along to.

Not yet I didnt but maybe soon ehh…thanks man