FS: Thunder Racing TReX Camshaft LS1

Meh the 3.23 rear end 9c1nys old car went 100’s of 1.5-1.6s and is still going…My old one with 3.73s went a lot of 1.6’s before it went but the gears were never setup right.

Its the 6spds that have the most issues.

I didnt say 3.23s were ideal for the cam I just said the car will run decent with the gears

I am going to go 3.73s when I get a 12 bolt under it

I ran a 7.8 @ 91mph but I have only ever made 8 passes on the car and that ran was with the car in OD shifting right before the traps and that was on a fucking 1.8 something 60’

Not the best but it still ran faster than alot of other similarly powered cars on here…

Besides all my short comings at the track are on the launch, it can hang with 600cc sport bikes on the road from a roll so it makes more power than my times point to…

Keep in mind I get about 12-15mpg combined driving with a high stall and big cam, I dont know how much Ed drives that thing but its food for thought

All in all I say do it, of course you will need new valve springs and push rods and all that, you should also do the oil pump and timing chain while your in there…

The 10bolt in the white car led a peaceful life until aprox 90k miles, the red car was never launched hard until it had the stall and cam put in around that time, it probably has 10k semi hard miles on it now and has less miles than the engine or tranny in the car, go for it and see what happens

i did 7.8’s too…but i have ls6’s and a 232/230 580/580. whatevs nothing will be the same when it comes out next year.

word 7.8s here too, when it was really stock :snky:

Ed I got springs, and full valvetrain to go with this. I put a set of very good springs (extreme golds) on my original stock heads (nothing touched), with a big cam :tup:

gearing IS a major part in what will help you 60. esp in an auto big cam small motor car. sherm is right here.

In an auto they can live for a LONG time. A lot of guys don’t even have problems until they change out the gears. I’ve had good luck with both of my stock 3.42 geared M6 cars so far, both on dr’s.

+10 to gearing for you (broken record) You have a monster cam and heads and are trapping 91. I have a 231/237 cam with a 6sp and i went 7.62@93.1… you should be blowing me out of the water ;)… back on topic, ed needs this cam!!!

Ed has bought this cam. :slight_smile: Pleasure doing business.

We shall talk.

:fry:

How many miles did your red Formula have on it when you got rid of it? Part of that car will be living on in mine also . . . 4l60e. Anybody have a stall for sale?

the red Formy had 93k on it when I sold it but the tranny had aprox 20k on it and was out of a wrecked 01/02 Ws6

Did you put the tranny in the car or was it done by a previous owner? I’ll have to check the numbers on it and see what it tells me.

:carnut

I sold the car in 03 to a guy named Rob, he street raced the piss out of it and put the replacement tranny in around 06, I bought it back in 06

I had a new filter put in along with Dexron VI when I had the stall put in

lol I forgot you owned that thing twice.

yeah

I wouldnt mind owning it a 3rd time if it comes up for sale