FS/TW: 2001 Turbo Camaro SS - 1000+rwhp

After getting back from Orlando, I’ve come to the conclusion that I think want to go in a different direction. I had this idea in my head before, but as my current build has taken shape, I didn’t think I could get rid of it. It’s going to be pretty badass to say the least. This is a tough decision for me, but i think this is what i want to do. This car is a culmination of several years of work and parts poured into it, however, most parts are brand new. I’ll cut to the chase though as far as the modification list:

Car: 2001 Camaro SS
~43,000miles on body (need to double check)
M6, tan leather, heat, full power, full weight
Electron Blue Metallic
a lot of hp

Drivetrain:

Engine:
408ci LSx Based
LQ9 Iron Block - TQ Plate Honed to 4.030” @ McQuillens
Newly Align Honed Mains @ McQuillens
4” Callies Compstar Crank - Small Rod Journals - 4340 - NEW
6.125” Callies Compstar Rods - Small Rod Journals - ARP2000 bolts - 4340 - NEW
4.030” Diamond IBF Full Dish Race Piston -28cc - Thermal and Friction Coated - 2618 - NEW
Yella Terra Double Timing Chain - NEW
GM DOD High Pressure Oil Pump - NEW
ACL Calico Coated MAIN, ROD, and CAM bearings - NEW
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs

Custom Ground Cam Motion Camshaft - NEW
GM Cadillac CTS-V Racing Lifters - NEW
Comp Cams Hardened Pushrods

AFR 225 Big Bore Cylinder Heads
Inconel Exhaust Valves
Spring Upgrade

LS6 Intake
Ported/Polished TB

Tranny:
GM T56 6 speed (~3,000 miles since built)
Six Speeds Built with 2b package, along with a new 2,3,5 gear, and a Viper 33spline Output Shaft
Spec 5 Sintered Iron Disc Clutch (~6000miles and still as strong as the day I got it)
Pro5.0 Shifter with Lou’s Short Stick

Denny’s Nitrous Ready Driveshaft (~12,000 miles)

Rear End:
Moser 12 bolt (~12,000 miles)
3.73 gears (3,000 miles, professionally installed)
Detroit True Trac
31 spline
Lengthened ARP Studs

Electronics:
Stock ECU
Tuned on HPT 2/3 Bar SD
Greddy Profec B (original) EBC
Autometer Phantom Boost, Fuel PSI, and Oil Temp gauges
Autometer Self Contained Shift Light

Brakes:
Stock Calipers - painted
SSBC Slotted Rotors (~300miles)
Hawk Pads (~300miles)
SLP Line Lock
Stock ABS

Chassis/Suspension:
BMR Boxed SFCs Welded In
Spohn Poly/Rod End single ADJ LCAs
Spohn Body Mount Rod End ADJ TQ ARM - attached DSL
Spohn 1” Rear Sway Bar
PA Racing Tubular K-Member - NEW
Rear stock Eibachs have heater hose height reduction
Eibach Pro Kit in Front
Bilstein Shocks on all 4’s
Front sway lowered 3”
Poly Engine and Tranny Mounts

Cooling:
3” Griffin Radiator
Custom Fan/Shroud Setup
160* Stat
Oil Cooling setup - Bar/Plate Cooler, sandwich adapter with internal stat, -10an

Fuel:
Dual Intank Walbros
In Line Aeromotive Filter
-8an up, split into both rails at rear
Fast Fuel Rails
60# Injectors
-6an out both rails to Aeromotive boost ref Regulator
stock feed is the return
14v supply to pumps

Turbo Setup:
Truck Manifolds - Jet Hot
MS Pre-Turbo - Jet Hot
Aluminum charge
Air Werks (forcedinductions) S88 Turbo - Race Cover - T6 - 1500hp
4” Intercooler
TiAL Sport BOV
TiAL 44mm WG
4” DP - Jet Hot
Vibrant Couplers, Vibrant V-bands, constant tension fasteners
Everything is fully TIG’d and looks very professional. absolutely nothing hacked/rushed
Days of work have been scrapped multiple times in order to get proper design achieved

Exhaust:
4” DP
4” Electric Cutout
3” Magnaflow Catback

Appearance:
Professional Paintjob done May ’07
Car was stripped bare
Electron Blue Metallic, many many base coats, and MANY layers of clear
Car was thoroughly wet sanded and when cleaned up looks like GLASS
only issue is the FACTORY GM defect which occurs on all f-bodies. the paint lifts/bubbles slightly along where the roof panel was glued. The only way around this is to rip off the roof, scrap off the wrong adhesive and install new roof. All F-bodies have this. Otherwise the paint is immaculate

Smoked Turn Signal housings
Whistler Headlights
Black Billet Grille
Chrome Camaro Inserts
Dark Tint on sides and back
many other little things

Wheels and Tires:
Chrome ZR1 Rims - 17x9 and 17x11 (one season)
BFG DR 315s in back, Kumho Ecstas in Front

Interior:
Rather stock looking. Amp for speakers in the back. Stock sized replacements. one of the replacements needs replacement, ha.
Tan Leather seats. Tan Carpet and headliner.
Everything is rather stock appearing and clean. Gauges are down low and subtle.
Leather is in great shape, as is the carpet.

I know there are a shitload more parts that I am forgetting right now, it’s just hard to come up with all them in one sitting.

Exterior - 9.5/10
Interior - 9/10

The engine bay will also be repainted some form of black this spring
The bottom of the car was shot black last spring and looked immaculate, but i need to clean some overspray that unfortunately misted over it. Still is cleaner than most
Absolutely no rust, or anything of that sort. The car will basically be brand new. It is a unique looking car and definitely turns heads.

This will beat 99.99% of anything on the road, and if you put an automatic/cage/slicks in this, LOOK OUT at the track… Those things plus some seat time, and dialing this car in, I can confidently say this thing can be well into the 8’s in the 1/4, easy. With the M6, and a good driver with some seat time, it shouldn’t have a problem reaching 9’s in the 1/4. If the street is your game, you’ll get familiar taking down some Liter bikes. The nice thing about all this is that grandma can drive this thing, and it wont kill you at the pump either.

This car is setup to run pump on low boost, which is anywhere from the gate at 7psi, to about 12psi. That should put you in the 800rwhp range, give or take. The turbo will easily push over 20psi, easy. On race gas this setup will make 1000rwhp all day, and probably would make over 1100rwhp, MAYBE even 1200rwhp. I was never really going to crank it, because why risk it. The weak link is lifting the heads on these type of setups when pushed. That is not uncommon. This is not a toy, it needs a lot of respect, and there is a good amount of upkeep involved.

There will not be a sale until the car is 100% complete. I plan to have this on the road early this spring, however, still have much work to do. Absolutely nothing with be skimped on or corners cut. I am still building this car to A+ quality, and it WILL be A+. The car will be tuned, aligned, dyno’d, broken in, and driven to extract all of the flaws from the car.

I’m having this thread locked to keep the BS out and keep transactions private. If you are a dreamer, do not waste my time. Free test rides will NOT be given out. If there is a credible person looking to purchase, I will be happy to take that person out for a ride, myself driving. I will not hand the keys over until the time is right, there is just too much of a risk, and this is not something you can just jump right into and start boosting around.
I absolutely do not have to sell. I still very much love this car, and this is a VERY tough thing to commit to, but I have a good opportunity right now, like i said, to move into another nice vehicle that is a little change of pace. My price is rather firm, i will look at offers, but like i said, don’t waste my time. i have had a few people pretty interested when i was toying with this idea before.

Price: $41,500

Pictures to Come :slight_smile:

If there is any interest, or you know someone interested, feel free to PM me.

-Thanks
Bill

mods, please lock this thread other than to myself.

re-opened… stay on topic in this thread everyone, no bs :slight_smile:

thanks mang

What did you spend all your money on lunchboxes in orlando and now you have to sell the car :lol: Good Luck man

wtf.

oroc goes public with his setup and everyone sells their cars… what a easy year for him!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Can you make a post with out orocs or kens dick in your mouth?

Want me to repost this on some Texas forums?

lol :tup: bigger and better things… time for a c5/c6? and a bike for the quickness?

cry spermy

back OT

bill, werent one of the KW guys looking into this?

Such a hot car, good luck bill.

60# injectors big enough for that kinda powa??

41500… dayuuum

lol no, 160’s are tho

yeah, but you should see whats been put into it.

lol less than 30 min to go off topic…

i sincerely hope who ever does buy this, keeps putting more and more power into it

Ugh why do I have to be in college and broke instead of a career job and be able to buy such an amazing piece of work.

Beautiful car. GL man

thanks guys. :slight_smile:

i just want to reiterate again that i do not need to sell. in fact if the offer was on the table, i still may not be able to turn it over. the price is more than fair, considering the buyer would be getting an essentially brand new, unused piece of turn key equipment that will do some major damage. the engine alone would cost 1/3 of the price.

im just seeing what offers i can get for this. chances are, i will be driving this in '08, and i would be really happy doing so. like i said, i love this car. it would be almost a relief if the offer didn’t present itself. on the other hand, if it did, then i have more options on the table.

one thing i ask, is just keep the bs out of my thread. if you think the price is too high, keep it to yourself. or, go build this kind of car of this caliber, and learn a thing or two of the time, money, and skill necessary in doing so.

and no, the 60# injectors will not support 1000rwhp. i forgot to mention that, thanks for catching it. the injectors will support probably around 850-900hp, depending on fuel psi, then you need more injector

If i didnt buy a new challenger and set the gears moving on a new 911, i would so buy this! You could not pay someone to build this car for 41k its a steal!

dude from what ive heard this car is incredible.

fantastic price for what would be a NASTY toy.

and i hate to have to be the one to say it but
:needpic:

Bill I can put it up on supraforums for you if you want.