FS: Welding Service available, cheap - GTA

Hey guys,

Anyone need some welding work, feel free to contact me.

I am not a professional welder but have done quite a bit of welding lately.

Repair work or fabrication I can help you with. Located in North York and available in the evenings or weekends.

I can work with most metals excluding aluminum. Aluminum I will need much more practise before I can charge for it.

Cost is cheap, $25 to $50 for most jobs.

John

Can you stitch weld? :slight_smile:

do you have any pics of your work?

What kind of welder do you use? MIG, TIG?

can u make a go kart frame? if so how much

To answer the question:

stitch welding - From my understanding, Stitch welding is not any harder than any other welding but it is quite time intensive. Some people do stitch welding via resistance welding, I can’t do resistence welding but I can do Mig. In any case, at this present time, I will have to say that it is not a project I can take on due my limited amount of time available.

pic of work - haven’t taken any pics yet but i will very soon.

Welder - currenly using an italian made MIG welder. It is good enough for most jobs except the welds are slightly thicker than a TIG. Some like it thicker but TIG could look prettier as it is easier to control. TIG is a better welder but a good TIG welder could go well into $1500 up to $2000. Perhaps later on.

Tubular/ gokart Chasis - I have not made yet and I don’t have a circular saw for the cuts. However, for this type of more advanced work, my friend who took mechanical engineering did many of those tubular chasis project at university and I will ask him for you how much it would cost. Would you be able to provide the raw material for the pipes? Do you have a schematic for the chasis?

Thanks for everyone’s interest.

could have sworn this was a lend a hand program section NOT a vendor section…

Duly noted.

Moved to Classifieds.

LOL do you have any drawings of this frame?

Just for you… and for my bored gf watching… i went out and made a few welds.

:)… As I mentioned before, i’m not a pro … just I made welds on some scrap control arm lying around. I am doing some more welding this weekend for some brackets and I will post up those soon. I have done external wastegate pipe welding / rerouting to down pipe and other silly stuff… will post pics when i get a chance.

First pic shows the weld and the second pic shows the metal penetration on the reverse of the arm.

Good, you can build me a winch bumper for my truck

Do you have cutting tools? Gas Ax? Plasma?