FUCK AutoXing

I’m ready to be flamed…

Auto Xing is the gayest shit I’ve ever seen!

Lets see who can go 0-20mph the fastest around some cones in a parking lot while dudes time us with stop watches…

You do realize there are tracks for real road racing right???

Lime Rock??? Watkins Glen???

If I ever go to a auto x event please punch me in the balls. hard.

That is all.

Holy…

I dunno, I hit 60mph at my last event. I guess that means it can potentially be 3x more exciting than what you’re giving it credit for.

Whats the point of this thread? I’m not trying to start anything with the OP, or take on the daunting task of defending everyone who enjoys AutoXing…

But seriously dude?

Its just another form of motorsports, if you don’t like it, stay away from it. No need to tear it up for no reason.

I’d love to try road racing sometime, but for those like myself who A) can’t afford track time, B) can’t afford a second set of tires, and C) don’t really drive a car that I would consider track worthy at the moment, AutoX is the next best thing.

And half the guys who AutoX, instruct on track days, and they don’t show up to tell how us how gay we all look dodging pylons in the parking lot. They have fun.

How do you feel about drifting?

:rofl That’s exactly what I did on Sunday actually.

This thread rules. :rofl

Great. lol

This thread pleases fizzle.

Ok fine fine. Autox is the best/easiest/quickest/safest way to learn car control aside from a skid pad. There is a time and a place for it. Those who have never autox’ed often make truly poor road race drivers. Those that have autox’ed too long also make very poor road race drivers. :smiley:

Continue hilarious thread pls.

Personally, I like to violate live cows in a pasture, but- you don’t see me skipping out on the sheep, right?

You gotta start somewhere, and sheep are safer to approach than cows.

i auto x because i can’t afford HPDE’s every other weekend. auto X is cheap, competitive, fun, and i’ve met a lot of cool people through it. is auto x better than an HPDE? i couldn’t tell you, i haven’t been able to afford an HPDE yet :smiley:

i would venture to guess that HPDE’s>>>>auto X, though :lol

:rofl +14 autox points. Lyndon leads by 3 now.

Sorry, had to, sir… personally, if I could afford it, I would have been doing more road course events years ago by now, but I also would have probably done enough autocrossing to get sick of that anyway… either way, I’m happy to be able to do something with my heap of a car that doesn’t make me have to sell off my vital organs.

That being said, I’ve got some goats here somewhere… I can hear them but it’s getting too dark out. (insert the ‘posted from my crackberry’ sig here)

(I’m really not trying to flame the OP or anything, I just wanted to get in something about violating livestock)

hmm i thought matt quit drinking?

autox looks stupid until you try it.

exactly. for those who don’t want to drive out for a $400 weekend plus a hotel stay can wake up on a sunday morning and pay $40 for some seat time. I know for a fact that the people who complain about that haven’t done either.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Mafdark/IMG_2758.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Mafdark/3040_579400724385_24409620_34122095.jpg

+100000 on farm animal fucking!!!

AutoX is still gay as FUCK!!!

And yes I’m still sober DKid15!!!

and roll racing on the street is the best sport ever? honk, honk, honk… slam the gas pedal. yay…

OK, I’ll bite. How many autox and track days has the OP participated in? I’m guessing zero on both.

I did an RPI autox once, it was fun. Then I thought about the fact that I had been standing outside for 10 hours in the sun, cooked, out $40, and got to drive my car 40mph around a parking lot MAYBE a total of five minutes.

Maybe.