motorsports are lame...

i don’t know about you guys… i like cars, i like driving… but i fucking hate motorsports. I don’t like competing, I don’t like watching them, I don’t like attending them… they are fucking lame. I don’t really like car shows, unless there is some really awesome technical shit.

It chaps my ass when people say: “oh, youve got an elise now you HAVE to autocross” Why? so i can see that i am .2 seconds faster than the guy with the gutted festiva? Sure, it has it’s place… if it was the same course every time, you could see improvement in your driving, learn new techinques, etc. But i can learn new techinques on a vacant county road.

Maybe i am not a true enthusiast, but motorsports fucking blow.

I agree to some point, just because you have a car that would be good at that particular style of racing, does not mean that you are required to. I had my fellow DSM’ers try to get my to Auto-X when I first started modding my Eclipse but it wasn’t my deal. In the end people eventually left me alone about it but it was still annoying.

I hate guys that wear girl jeans, play in bands and terrorize underage girls on myspace, but that doesn’t make you a bad person. No one can argue that what you like is wrong, although I’m sure there will be plenty of it in this thread.

To me, and many, the thrill of trying to get that .2 seconds of extra speed gives just as much a feeling of gratification, satisfaction and enjoyment as anything else.

i used to go slow just so i could say that i can go longer than the other guys

I hate these guys too!

I think it is the male macho persona of trying to be better than the next guy that makes guys love racing… heh. maybe i need to stop taking these estrogen suplements… honestly, i just don’t give a shit if your car runs a tenth faster in the quarter than mine… because it isn’t mine.

I disagree. It has nothing to do with penis size, I rarely compare myself to someone else and most forms are competition against myself. I only really care about my car and my performance. I don’t give two shits what tommy rich pants did with his $40,000 ducati. :shrug:

to me its your own choice what u wanna do and what u like…as long as u dont hate on others jsut because they liek to Auto-X and you dont…which i dont see u hating people because they like it…you are just expressing ur opinion on not…am i correct

haha, i won’t put someone down for enjoying any form of racing… well… maybe nascar. :stuck_out_tongue:

i just wonder how many people are into high performance cars, but not organized racing… drifiting is kind of cool… but making it into a jdged event kind of bastardizes it…

same argument can be said about that. they only care about having a high performance car to say they have it. they only want to buy lots of HP or build lots of HP to impress other people.

and nascar rules (in person) I laughed the entire time I was there, all the stereo types you can think of about the dumb drunk ass rednecks are so true. it was the only place I’ve ever been able to walk in and out of drinking my own beer that I brought.

oh, i totally agree… i should have said: who is into driving hard, but not organized racing…?

how bout both…i like to have fun on the highways and stuff but there is a point where u have to stop and stop pushing the car…atleast with Auto-X u can push it to the breakng point and not worry about hurting others or your car for the most part

I think I can get into any form of motorsports of the 4 wheeled variety. I dont have the cash for organized racing that I would like to compete in.

i kinda agree to an extent…especially about the whole auto-x thing. Yes i bought an M3…everybody and their mother kept saying i HAVE TO AUTO-X OMG!!1!!!1! AUTO-X !!!. DOn’t get me wrong…i enjoy going to events, and hanging out and watching, but it doesn’t really excite me that much. I’m just not in the mood to buy tires every other month and also dish a lot of $$$ when something decides to break.

Try it before you hate it, but if you have tried it nevermind. I didn’t think AX would be fun, but it really exceded my expectations. And it’s not trying to go faster than the other guy, it’s really a race against yourself to improve.

I do see where you are coming from - if I could drive full out and have nothing to worry about on a public road, maybe I wouldn’t be burning to wake up 5 hours earlier than I should on a Sunday and drag my sleepy ass out to 90 degree pavement, but I find it difficult to drive my car near 100% of my capability on any street. I don’t think you have that problem, but what I pay in AX fees, I think you’ve paid X more fold on speeding tickets/lawyers :slight_smile:

if u need to get tires everyother month u bought the wrong tires…my tires i used had a previous summer on them…all auto-x this past year and i can till use 2 of them…and the only reason the other 2 are bad is because of i never got an alighment after dropping my car 2.2 inches

Skunky ride along with me this year and u might just want to run ur car atleast once

:word: including drag racing

drag racing is fun but just for the launch and seeing what your car can do (if you did the mods yourself) . i’d liek to try auto-x but i really don’t want to fuck up the paint on cones.

the scuff marks rub right off…Butch ran his SS once…

i’m sure i will like it a lot…don’t get me wrong…but i jsut have a feeling with my luck…more shit will break :lol:. I will tell you this though…when i went out to pitts and ran my car on the track @ beaver run…i have a great time…i had a lot of fun doing that…so maybe i will enjoy auto-x if i try it…

especially with all my new toys :snky: :stuck_out_tongue:

you’d probably like a track day at someplace like gingerman or beaverun. not very expensive to get into.