fucking car!!

so today i was like its a nice day and im going to get around to this tune up i want to do on my car! so i go ahead and change the oil, fuel filter, plugs, wires and dist cap! i cleaned the TB and checked the air filter! i also wash and waxed the car! so i go out to drive it a little bit later and i hear this weird fuckin clicking that sounds like a vavle but i have no idea what it is! it only happens when im accelerating. the car had 10w30 in it and i put 5w30 in it. maybe thats too thin?

plus while im looking around the head i see that that 2 fuckin bolts on the exhaust mani are broken off and the gasket is shot! so im pissed!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thats all :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
dude you act like you blew a clutch or something:embarass:
5w sounds thin:dunno: ask 1320

ya but that just bothers me! that everytime i try to fix or tune-up my cars this kinda shit always happens! it creates problems or i end up finding more to fix!

i was searching for some info on teh bolts and i read that nissan had a problem with the bolts breaking? any nissans owners know anything about this?

whats the miles on the car?,but 5 30 is to thin!!!:smiley:

Originally posted by Pewterss
whats the miles on the car?,but 5 30 is to thin!!!:smiley:
nothing wrong with 5w30. that is what most all new vehicles use.

maybe he should just not work on his cars.

:rofl: at how stupid 240 is

Originally posted by Quik
nothing wrong with 5w30. that is what most all new vehicles use.

maybe he should just not work on his cars.

dude, you said new vehichles:stick:

yeah after a car gets up there in miles most should use 10w30. I think you answered the ticking question urself, blown exhaust gaskets will give you that ticking sound when you give it throttle. I’ve blown a few header gaskets in my GS and they all gave me that sound. If you really wanna diagnose a sound go around your engine with a tube(paper towl roll or longer) and put it up to your ear and try to isolate it.

Originally posted by Cutty
yeah after a car gets up there in miles most should use 10w30. I think you answered the ticking question urself, blown exhaust gaskets will give you that ticking sound when you give it throttle. I’ve blown a few header gaskets in my GS and they all gave me that sound. If you really wanna diagnose a sound go around your engine with a tube(paper towl roll or longer) and put it up to your ear and try to isolate it.

I will paypal someone $5 to get pics of Bob holding a paper towel roll to his ear and holding it up close to his engine. Extra $1 if he has a funny look on his face.

:smiley:

Originally posted by Darkstar
I will paypal someone $5 to get pics of Bob holding a paper towel roll to his ear and holding it up close to his engine. Extra $1 if he has a funny look on his face.

:smiley:
well i know he probably don’t have a stethascope, but i use a stechascope to try to isolate a noise if it was that difficult

Originally posted by Cutty
i run 5w30 in my z24 which has 125k on it and no problems at all

5w30w=suxors!!!nuff said!!!

Originally posted by Quik
i run 5w30 in my z24 which has 125k on it and no problems at all
some one obviously took care of it then, most people beat cars till they break and wonder why. I can tell you right now thou the most common oil is 10w30, my dad uses it 5 times more than anything else.

i run 0w40 at 45k ???

people… it all comes from the same barrel. :rolleyes:

take a beater and start running 80/90 in it. thats always fun :smiley:

Originally posted by gearhead
people… it all comes from the same barrel. :rolleyes:

take a beater and start running 80/90 in it. thats always fun :smiley:

thats similar to my goo! maybe i can patent it:eek:
gear oil your crazy :tounge:

Originally posted by TwoForty
so today i was like its a nice day and im going to get around to this tune up i want to do on my car! so i go ahead and change the oil, fuel filter, plugs, wires and dist cap! i cleaned the TB and checked the air filter! i also wash and waxed the car! so i go out to drive it a little bit later and i hear this weird fuckin clicking that sounds like a vavle but i have no idea what it is! it only happens when im accelerating. the car had 10w30 in it and i put 5w30 in it. maybe thats too thin?

plus while im looking around the head i see that that 2 fuckin bolts on the exhaust mani are broken off and the gasket is shot! so im pissed!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:your cryin over a exhaut gasket:doh: I would hate to see what you would do If you spin a bearing or blow a head gasket:eek3: and always remember that any oil, is better than no oil:tounge:

ya im crying over an exhaust gasket because i didnt realize the ease of replacing them until i went out there tonight and took the exhaust manifold off!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

all i need to do is get the new gaskets and the new bolts from the nissan dealership and ill be good to go! the clicking noise was the exhaust gaskets!

as for the oil i put some lucas stabilizer in it to thicken it up a lil bit and help it coat better!!:slight_smile:

ive actually helped replace the head gasket in my GA so i know teh extent of the work!:cool:

thanks for the help guys!:wink: