Fuel Cell Users

anyone running fuel cells in their car? i was just wondering does fuel seem to evaporate faster out of fuel cell? i do not see any leaks nor smell fuel. the car had a few gallons of fuel and was not driven for a couple weeks. seemed to evaporate. of course i do not have a fuel guage on it so i guesstimate there was half tank out of 15 gallon fuel cell.

just wondering if anyone else had probs

race fuel evaporates faster than regular fuel, so it could…

I store my drag cars full of fuel and never noticed them being lower… :dunno:

this is 93 octane. my old boss always drained his fuel cell after racing so was never a prob. this is on a street car that hasn’t ben driven much.

Maybe the Cunningham brothers are coming through with a siphon when you’re not around so they can fill up their shit boxes with some premium.

thanks for the free gas! please fill up again

Usually Jewish Dementia doesnt start for another 30 yrs…I know this because I see them walking the streets of squirrell hill picking up imaginary nickles.

mine doesn’t seem any different than my stock tank. My cell if foam filled, is yours? Also how is your vent routed? I have mine come up off the cell to the top of the trunk then down to the trunk floor.

mine is foam filled. i think that may be source of another problem too. when should the foam be repalced? i am gonna pull it out and see if runs any better once weather clears up a bit.
the fuel cell is mounted under the bed of the truck. the vent is more less right there. i have a gas filler door in bed of truck to access the fuel cell.

i have foam in mine, no issues, i think to stop the movement (starve the line or pump) I do notice mine seems low but then again any time i take it out. LOL

i would put a hose on the vent fitting and route it downward under the bed to trap gas vapors in as much as you can. i have had my cell 4 years and never had a to change the foam.

gas hog el camino. problem solved