Full boost by.. T28 turbos

Hey guys I was curious to know what people running stock t28 turbo on your s14 sr20det get full boost by?

I’m getting about 5psi as soon as I step on the throttle and 11psi (upped boost) by about 4,800rpm.

Is this correct? Or do I have an issue

What gear are you testing in?..You need an SG-Motorsport boost leak tester…for real.

I hope you dont expect boost/power at 1,500 rpm.

It’s called lag. It sucks. LoL

I hit full boost (14psi) around…3500-3800.

Still waiting for one of them! Are they finished and for sale now?

full boost by 4800 is about a thousand rpm too late for a stock t28

go v8, just kidding

^pointless.
try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atretf9u-Mc

I’m running a GTiR T28 which is a bit bigger then the S14/S15 ones. I’m running 9.5psi and I see full boost by 3200rpm.

Depending upon the setup (Manifold, Extension, Downpipe, Exhaust) Etc… and even other factors can all alter how quickly the Turbo can spool. So if you have a complete 3’’ Turbo back setup and you don’t see 11psi until 4800rpm you defiantly have problems. But if you have a small 1.5’’-2’’ setup then I wouldn’t doubt it.

Dude. That car hit full boost far before 4800RPM in second and third as long as you were loaded.

If you tromp on the pedal in 3rd gear at 3000 RPM you won`t see shit till higher up.

It`s a trubo car, there is lag, you just gotta drive it in the right gear if you want max accel.

You cant tell me that if youre in 2nd doing about 50 or 60 k and tromp on it it takes that long to get to full boost.

Correction, I see full boost (any where from 10 - 14 psi) at 3050rpm

of course its got lag, the turbo is small it should spool way quicker, there might be a wastegate malfunction anyways