Funny Smell

Well the abundance of fuel is present then either one of many ignition components is not doing it’s job, or one of the sensors is not being truthful to the device that monitors and determines how much fuel is delivered to the engine during operation - The brain box. Your engine is fuel injected and the computer will rationalize between 2 modes of operation

1. Open loop
  2. Closed loop

The computer will run the “open loop” after a cold start situation. When running in open loop the computer provides a fixed A/F ratio that is much richer than normal to make it so you can drive the car without the engine bogging because it’s not warm enough.
When the computer senses that the engine has reached the appropriate temperature of operation it will switch over to what is known as “closed loop”. During the operation of closed loop the computer will receive input from the O2 sensor(s) and it will adjust the A/F ratio appropriately in real time.

I would recommend that you start by looking at the sensory equipment utilized to obtain the information the computer needs to run said program.
To the best of my recolection this would be the coolant temperature sensor, which is located where the upper rad hose meets the intake manifold. You can check it by using a voltmeter and checking the resistance between the two terminals, which I believe should be around 30-33kiloOhms when the engine is hot (approx 180 degrees Fahrenheit) and 2.1-2.9kiloOhms when cold (approx 68 degrees Fahrenheit).
The second sensor in question would be the O2 sensor, mine is located in the exhaust manifold. This sensor will send a voltage of 1v to the computer in rich conditions and between 0-1v (closer to zero) in lean conditions.

In this case I would look more closely into the coolant temperature sensor, something simple you can try to verify this without performing the voltmeter test would be to rev the vehicle past the point that it misses, if at a higher rpm it runs smooth then this would mean the computer ids in fact delivering too much fuel for the engine to operate @ said rpm and requires a greater engine speed to keep up with the fuel delivery.

Best of luck with your endeavor,
            Eric

yeup, it sure is the clutch

i work at a shop and at the bay door theres a little bump, so when we pull in their cars, sometimes it smells like that…