Furnace Help Please

I am freezing in my house and my furnace wont kick on.

I went to refire the furnace, followed the instructions several times and the automatic pilot light wont go.

This equals my dissatisfaction with temperature.

Anyone have a guy they use thats good to come get this bitch fired up?

clean the thermocouple with some steel wool

^^^ im with stupid

You act like I would know what that is.

In that case…

http://www.jwdanforth.com/webmodules/Services/Residential.aspx

Before you break something that will burn your house down or blow it up. :slight_smile:

It’s the little rod that should have the pilot burning next to it.

Except he’s saying the pilot light won’t go.

I dont know if mine is even trying to light. It makes zero noise when I turn the power back on after following the steps to open the valves etc.

Thats why I said “should” :slight_smile:

edit: n/m
Are the batteries in your thermostat good? is it manual?

Yeah thermostat works fine…just no light

Circuit breakers to the furnace all on? Switch them off then back to on to be sure.

werd…

can you get the furnace fan to kick on?

saftey door switch faulty? lol my co worker had it just happen to her so she told me haha.

but is the pilot hole plugged? lol

Switched the breakers on and off as part of the process on the sticker on the door.

Not a peep from anything after I follow the process…

Sounds silly…but is there an on/off switch? Like a light switch anywhere near the heater? I had 2 apartments that had on/off switches…thought I was losing my mind trying to get the heat on.

doesn’t sound silly, i had the same thing. the switch was on the ceiling.

Save the aggrevation, pay a pro the $100 to look at it.

X…

Thats more what I was thinking but curious if anyone does this kinda work that wants to make some $ on the side or if anyone has a company they recommend?

I could reccomend someone, but odds are you have a cracked heat exchanger and they will not turn it on anyway :smiley: