Good way to start the day v. Furnace BROKE

soo it turns on heats up … you here a click for when the fan should turn on and it all turns off ???

anyone ??

Breaker, internal short, blown fuse(model dependant), broken fan protection?

lol do you know where I would start ?? its a old 83ish one… we were going to put a new one in once spring hit

I say you he dead!

My furnace started acting up last year, would not turn on. Turned out to be the control box on the furnace that gets the signal from the thermostat. What happened was, unbeknownst to me, my sump pump took a crap, water didn’t get pumped out of the crock, it backed up and the basement got a few inches in it and the control box on the furnace got all cheesed up and green. Put a new one in and she was good as new.

Dude. You’ve got a newborn and like 80 other kids. Check the weather report. It’s about to get ball shatteringly cold. Tomorrow’s a high of 11. Thursday’s a high of 3. Call a repairman if you can’t figure it out right quick.

Call ARMOR heating and cooling…very low rates…i was satisfied with them, definitly give them a A+ for repair time, cost and response time, they come quick ! :slight_smile:

It’s obviously on the blower side, not the expensive ass burner/heat exchanger side. It sounds like it might just be a bad relay not sealing in. Or a bad blower popping a circuit breaker. Or a bad circuit breaker. Shouldn’t be too awfully expensive.

could be dust in a relay on the control board - when I was doing renovations drywall dust caused all KINDS of hell in there… try gently “flicking” the relays and see if you hear a click there (not the click you hear at the t-stat sending the heat request). also, there’s usually a sequence for heaters, I’m NO expert but have had to troubleshoot mine a bit - certain things / conditions / triggers have to be met, is the gas on? is the pilot lit? is the over-heat / back-draft protection trigger off? is the exducer/exhaust blower going? ok THEN it will fire the burners …

Blower relay’s not sealing in for some reason. Could be a bad relay. Could be protection malfunctioning, could be a bad blower causing the protection to function. Checking for dust is a good idea.

step 1. fix is using the sex toys.

step 2. start with the butt plug

step 3. profit

just looked at breaker (its not triped but i did flip on and off and back on)

looked at the relay box there is no green on it but i dont know how one would test it to check

I called the guy down the road and he needs to get back to me he does work for goods like cars/boats …lol go fig right

why does everyplace say free estimates but you have to pay $100 just for them to get to your house

so you accidentally the furnace?

yeaaa

The Whole Thing

Lick both fingers and start grabbing wires while 4doorbabe flips the switch on and off and see if you feel current

Don’t forget the video camara…

Mine wouldn’t run a few months back.

Turned out that the door has wiggled itself off, and it was engaging the door open switch, so the furnace wouldn’t run.

Mine was doing the same thing. Only difference. When it kicked on there was a 3 foot fire ball blowing out the side. This resulted in a loud bang. Only needed to be cleaned.