FWD Suspension Recomendations

i already have the hahn kit wirings already done its alot more reliable than building my own considering i am an amatuer at doing this, megasquirt is a steep learning curve that i cant handle yet, hahn kit came with everything i needed anyways, they retail for 5500 dollars for the stage 5, i got my stage 2 new from sumone with credit problems for 1500 NEW, i upgraded to the stage 5 for 1500 bux, i saved a shitload, cant beat it

whats wrong with the PG LSD?

for the DSS axles, i know hubs are needed thats part of the package when you buy them, or if you get separate axles, on the org ppl have used 2nd gen wheel bearings in 1st gen knuckles to accomadte this instead of buying new hubs

yeah i know i should grab konis im gonna wait it out and see if sumone will give em up for cheaper

i just saw konis on sale somewhere because i was going to order them…ill see if i can relocate the webpage

I have the PG in my charger. It works great but it was installed by the best mopar FWD transmission guy in the world. He machined the side gears and tweaked it a little. However most poeple complain that they wear out fast. So I would not recommend it. The OBX is a good vale if you replace the cheap bolts and washers. The quaife is the best if you have the $$$ for it.

the quaife takes a shit load of modification if you dont have the srt tranny, which i chose not to cause i like my .355 gear better, by the time i got a quaife to fit itll be more than 2 grand

i didnt see this thead till now…

the suspension techniques antisway bars for the neon are pretty nice. I rode an a neon with konis and MP X-high autox springs and another with stock struts and eibachs and both had the suspension techniques and they both absolutely rocked in the corners due to the big bars. :slight_smile:

for drag… really stiff rear springs and as stiff as bushings in the front suspension and motor mounts as you can get. solid bobble strut as well.

unless it is a dragstrip only car, id do konis and MP X-highs (getting harder to find) and the suspension technique swaybars and the bushings and mounts. you have to use slicks at the track. it will be a nightmare with street tires at the track. obx is critical for the street.

on the street and or a roadcourse, the car will be a blast though youll have to lower the boost. youll want a low part throttle boost setting so if you did a road course, you wont blow the tires away. as soon as the car is straight, mash it. :slight_smile:

Brian

do you wnat a setup to drive around on the street with, or a track prep?