G8 GT takes on STI, WS6, and S2000

Well, the Z28 is still down (hopefully it will be on the road by the end of the month), but I’m sick of winter and decided to go out fishing in the G8 and see what I could find and here’s what I dug up.

My car is a stock 2009 G8 GT, 6 speed auto:

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/ScreaminRedZ/G8GT.jpg

My brother and I were headed up to Hooters to mee some friends and I told him we’d try to scrounge up a race. We were just about there and a blue STI (it didn’t have a wing and I thought it was a regular WRX at first) went by and the guys in it were checking out my car. We decided to be late for dinner and went after them to see if they were game. They were all over it and we played tag back and forth for a couple miles before we finally came up to a red light with no one around. My brother caught it on his i-phone, so there is a video, but it was a random encounter, so its not the best. We went when the light turned green and there was a passenger in each car.

We pulled into a parking lot after and exchanged congrats on a good run. He told me it was a 2006 STI that he just picked up a couple weeks before and that the only mods were an exhaust and a Cobb tune. Based off this race I think he will be able to beat me with a little more seat time. Hopefully we can find out.

On a side note, I beat the same guy a couple years ago on the highway when he was driving his mild bolt-on 2003 Mustang GT and I had 4 people in the G8 :lol

The next night my buddy called me up and asked if I wanted to line up my G8 and his 2001 Trans Am WS6 6-speed. His car it stock except for a lid and the optional SLP catback off his Camaro SS. At the drag strip he ran 12.7 @ 108+ mph on a set of Nitto drag radials.

We’ve raced these cars before so we knew I as at a serious disadvantage, so my brother taped from his car and I was alone in mine. I also had less than a 1/4 tank of gas to try and keep the weight down, haha.

First we ran from a dig. There is a marked 1/4 mile there, but no one was around so we ran it out a bit longer. Excuse my brother missing the first 2 honks.

Next up we tried a roll, but I’m honestly not sure how fast we were going when we started. I’d guess in the 20-30 mph range. He honks it off, but I get a jump (I was trying to judge the downshift instead of manually choosing the gear like I usually do) and he spins a bit.

Saturday night I was planning on heading out to see if anyone was out and about, but before I left my friend sent me a text asking if I wanted to race a stock S2000. I’m supposed to race another friend with one, so I thought it’d be interesting to see what I was in for. Based off my track numbers I thought I’d win, but that it would be a good race.

I met up with the guy and he was really cool and just out looking for friendly races to have some fun. I don’t remember what year he said his car is, but it’s the first engine (AP1?). It was pretty much stock except for a few cosmetic changes.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/ScreaminRedZ/S2000.jpg

My brother rode with me and he was alone in his car. I told him he could choose the races and he wanted a very slow roll to start, probably less than 5 mph.

After that my brother and I were like :wierd. He seemed like he was doing a good job shifting, so we thought maybe it was a bad spot.

We lined up again and asked him where he wanted to start the race from. He did a bit of playing around with his speed and checked his rpm and decided on a 20 mph roll.

Not really what I was expecting, so I’ll have to see what happens when I race my friend in his S2000. Also, I’m going to try and get the two S2000’s to line up and see what happens

Later that night the guy with the S2000 raced a stock MazdaSpeed3 and beat it off the line, but the 3 walked by him up top. I tried to get the Speed3 to run me, but he was :ohnoes

Not the most exciting races ever, but it’s better than sitting around at home wishing I was racing :excited

I’m sure there will be better races later this year. Also, I gotta do something about the G8’s stockness…

Let me know what you think and thanks for reading guys!

I can never find races in the summer, let alone winter! Nice job.

I was out cruising around a bit this weekend and came up with nothing, blahh. Sounds like some fun runs man.

Thanks guys, it was definitely a blast!

Nasty ass hood on the AP1. Glad you beat that piece of shit.

I wouldn’t call it a piece of shit, although I guess every car is a POS to someone. I agree that I would have put a different hood on it, but I liked the hard top and the car was in nice shape over all.

I’ve farted out more attractive things than that hood.

fuckin race wars going down