Galant VR4 924/1000

Hey guys I got this early in the summer from a friend. I have been working on it a bit and decided to show it off.

four wheel steering eliminated
emissions removed
arp head studs
balance shaft eliminated
2g exhaust manifold and o2 housing
2.5 inch turbo back
fidanza street clutch
stm shifter bushing kit
stm oil cooler kit
16inch 5zigen wheels

looks clean

Car looks great, one of my favorite automotive colors to this day.

Curious as to why you removed the four wheeled steering?

Car looks to be in great shape.

Grandpapa Evolution :wink:

Paging Daddie, Daddie to the front desk plz

I’ve always loved these cars for some reason. Looks real nice!

Welcome!

They didn’t kick you out of that parking garage? I get kicked out every time I try to take pictures there.

These cars are really awesome, very nice. Is that paint original? How many miles?

Dylan is a good pal of mine and he bought this car from my brother, I daily drove it all last year and I love it. Paint is original, it has about 125k and the reason for the removal of the 4WS is mainly because its hard to maintain. The lines rot out fast. Any gvr4 with a history of winter driving is going to have power steering leak issues, and I’m pretty sure most of the hard lines aren’t even available, and would be a real pain to try to make. The 4WS is also only really functional for making smooth lane changes, and can make the car feel unstable when cornering. It’s also quite heavy(rear pump and rack) and takes up a lot of space - you’ve got extra lines that go from the PS reservoir in the front of the engine bay all the way to the back of the car, and an extra PS cooler. And, although this car doesn’t have one yet, a lot of gvr4 owners like to switch to the 4-bolt rear end from a '92-'94 DSM for it’s thicker axles - and it’s a lot more work to retain the 4WS with that rear diff since the housing doesn’t have provisions for the PS pump. I would say that maybe 10% of all gvr4s still have functional four-wheel steering. My brother and I have owned four and none of them have still had it. Usually just a case of the lines being blocked off and everything being left in place - of course that’s not the ideal way to remove it since it doesn’t save weight or space; we usually go through and remove everything/swap out parts properly.

Yeah my car has 4WS too and it only works good in slalom-type driving.

But mine is electric so I don’t have lines with fluid running all over the place.

I’m pulling mine because my rear tie rods need replacing.

nice vr4 :slight_smile:

i have a 92 shell that you should buy (for rear end)… and a scm61 :slight_smile: , nice car

thanks matt for answering thouse questions. glad to see all the enthusiasm from everybody. the plan for the car is keeping it as a daily driver so im not going to be doing anything crazy. i have an evo 8 front mount that i need intercooler piping for as well as a nt throttle body. before that goes on i will delete the ac and install an oil catch can. after that buy link and have some fun with that. down the road once i have the supporting modes i would like to go 16g or 20g but nothing bigger.

fucking awesome car… thumbs up…I have a 92 vr4 #1556 out of 2000…mine still has fully functioning 4ws : )

matt has seen my car a few times as well i bought it from someone he knew…

You have a '91 VR4 and yeah, I’m not on good terms with him anymore. I put a spare intake manifold on your car after he practically begged me to help him fix it. He didn’t hold up his end of the deal and and apparently told people that he didn’t want me working on it…the man is full of shit. We had another outstanding deal that also went sour and he’s screwed a few other people over. He’s not a horrible guy, just lazy and careless.

The threads in one of the holes in your head for the IM bolts were stripped out at the corner near the EGR. Not sure if he told you about it or if you found it out for yourself, I never got a chance to boost leak test it. Nice car though, with paint it should be super clean!

Nice car :tup: I have always like these.

Trust me i know all about him now…i didnt really care about condition of things when i got it because i knew it would get overhauled…i updated the fs: thread on rochester dsm…and i will be doing a build thread on here as well in order to show off the new whip…I already fixed the injector seals, throttle body…the coolant hoses he pinched holes in…the intercooler that was not even sealed at all just hacked at the bottom and about 40000000000 other bullshit…and now im working on fuel because it was supposed to have 750 injectors and it only had 550cc’s as well as the fact that the fuel pump/sending unit dont even fucking work…

Yet he claimed it was tuned for 350whp…which is horseshit on a evo3 16g and not to mention the car had a hard start that he claimed was from sitting when really it was that the ecu in the car was half fucking fried.

if you send me your number ill show you the new pics of the body : )

Very clean and nice car, you and boosting4me have the cleanest gvr4’s around.

These car’s have grown on me.

Is your’s blue? Lol