Garage Demolition and Fence Installer

Well i want to get this rolling as i dont want it to stand another winter.

My back yard looks like crap with a leaning garage. i rather have no garage for now.

I live in the town of tonawanda, so a permit is required from what i have been reading.

First, I would like to demo my current garage its a 2 car garage, all wood construction, no vinyle siding just straight wood siding, the roof is regular shingles 20ft x 20 ft construction leaning about 4in off center to the left.

There is a garage door butits stuck open.

Second: because the garage acted like a fence on one side of the property line i was going to put up white vinyl fencing once the garage was teared down.

I have all the building material just need someone to install it properly. its about 50ft of fencing

if you know someone who does it and can get me a price that would be excellent.

pm’d

Just burn it

pickup truck and a tow strap. That’s what the neighbor did when I lived in Rochester.

Make sure that you check Code to see if you’ll be able to put a carage back up if it is taken down. There might be some setback rules you’d have to take into account that you would be grandfathered from if you still have a garage there.

+1, especially since it sounds like it’s right on a property line.

^^^ +2

I had an issue with mine being only a foot off the property line and I was not able to demo and rebuild. But there are :snky: ways around it

I did talk to the town building inspector this morning.
I advise him that i wanted to take down a existing 2 car garage and put up fence this year.
He advise me that
No permit is needed for the fencing
I do need a permit for the demo

I then proceed to ask him that i do plan on redoing the concrete pad and garage. i asked him if it would be ok if i did this project over the next 2 years. [this year teardown, fence then concrete pad, then build next year]

he said that is fine, i just have to build within regulation code of which is at least 3 ft off property line and one side has to be at least 6ft off property line and nothing over 15ft and no more then 720sqft or 860sqft if you also used the garage as a shed, a variance will be needed if anything is outside that boundary
I need a building permit for this and also bring in my survey.

so that what i found out.

If you keep one wall up it becomes a remodel instead of a demo.

Joe, I wish i can keep one wall up this garage has seen its last day. here is a quick discription of all the walls.
whoever built it before i pressume was not educated? they built it around the concrete pad itself. so baiscally the frame sits on the dirt where the moisture has decayed the wood so much that around the full perimeter of the wall has been rotted up 6inches. so no wall can be salvaged…i wish i could of salvaged at least one wall but there is no way. the build structually can not salvaged.

and the garage floods everytime it rains and when i mean flood its about 6 in of water that fills the garage. and it just sit there until it dries up not type of draining unless you sump pump the water out.

You can keep that one wall up, rebuilt the rest of the garage, then knock that one wall down and replace it. 100% new garage but it’s still considering a remodel. :slight_smile:

lol can i really do that when they come to inspect it?

I’m pretty sure someone here did it.

EDIT:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78348

^ i was having some deja-vu for a minute there