Garage heater recommendations

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:27,topic:37628"”]

After I bought my propane heater I realized that it was doing the exact same thing my BBQ grill does.:biglaugh:
Seriously, it is the same f’ing thing.
If you have a grill just use that.

[/quote]

LOL I actually did this twice last winter.

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:41,topic:37628"”]

LOL I actually did this twice last winter.

[/quote]

:picard:

I have a 4 car and I am looking for heating options. How much was that 250K BTU heater. I hate my torpedo. too loud. I need something else. I have a ton of scrap MDF wood I am wondering if I can use that in a wood burning unit. I am going to measure the garage tonight

Stay away from torpedo heaters or Kerosene… its not worth your health,

You might be able to get away with electric but you would need to run it for over a hour to get the temp up … provided the garage insulation is good. Definitely cover the windows with precut foam board insulation with a mylar face.
Make sure the garage door seal is tight.
If the garage door is not insulated then you will need more then a 110V electric

i have 220 in the garage. I also dont want a crazy electric bill. Its a brick garage, no windows.

[quote=“theblue,post:17,topic:37628"”]

I want a solution that runs off used motor oil… but they’re really expensive I’ve been told.

[/quote]

My uncle built a setup for that, waste oil burn. Collects from the airplanes he services and his vehicles has enough heat to do the water heater which heats the floor in his shop, his house, his shop, the apartment on his property, the water heater for the house, etc and has more heat than he knows what to do with.

As for the original poster, get a nice ceiling mount Modine for natural gas and never look back

As for the original poster, get a nice ceiling mount Modine for natural gas and never look back

Make sure you check your local zoning laws when using one of them. Xeon’s dad had one in his garage and I think one day when they were not home the mail person walked up heard the heater and the compressor kick on and called the police claiming someone was trying to kill there self by leaving the car running. Long story short the police kicked in th back door and I “think” his dad payed a few fines.Not sure, but I think thats what I heard.

Just looking out :smash2:

I just used my blue flame indoor heater today, works great. Doesnt use hardly any propane in this 30 degree weather. Now that my garage is partially insulated helps alot too. Best thing about it though it does not require ventilation.

[quote=“POOPRA,post:48,topic:37628"”]

I just used my blue flame indoor heater today, works great. Doesnt use hardly any propane in this 30 degree weather. Now that my garage is partially insulated helps alot too. Best thing about it though it does not require ventilation.

[/quote]

Details please:)…like where you got it and how much???

I’ve been using the infrared element screwed onto a gas grill propane tank and that has been great for the 30 degree nights we’ve had. I was actually suprised with how warm the garage has been just with the addition of insulation and drywall:)