gardner86zx z31

The lights came out great!

Used a dremel?

nope they are done by hand.

What grit sandpaper, regular and wetsand?

Wow they came out good! Makes em look a lot nicer and darker, deff going to have to do that myself :excited

and

i am going to have to write down how to do it. they take wile to do. check out the ones i have for sale on z31performance

i got the motor and tranny pulled from the 88 parts car. Getting ready to build a custom top mount manifold for the holset.

Nice, just going to build the motor from the 88 and swap them when your ready?

For right now i am going to keep the 88 motor together in case i blow the motor in the 86. I am going to use the 88 motor to build the custom turbo manifold(like what Satan sells) for the 86. I am hoping to be able to build the 88 motor in a couple of years.

do me a favor if you can, take some closeups of all the lines etc if you havent torn the motor down, for reference with my noob ass ;D

what lines are your talking about. look on z3p there is another new member from albany with an 87 300zx

I talked to this kid over the summer, he had some idleing issues i gave him ideas, he basicaly said he wanted to give up etc… so i doubt hes going to do anything with the car…

just in general, just take some pics of all the lines connectors, not each individual one, but more closup of like the ones you had, and the intake mani as well like the egr idle control etc…

Ok will take some pics next time i am working on the car. hoping to have the front end swap done over the next couple of weeks because i am laid off till the 12

ahh, work doing some cutbacks? that blows man

laid off almost 200 people. i work for nsk making steering columns so if the car market gose to shit then they have to make cutbacks

Ahh that blows… but at least you get to go back?

ya i still have my job but the others dont. The only thing saving me is i work in the warehouse. If i worked on the lines i would have been laid off a month ago

Ahh, yeah thats good then, you guys union?

no union but i do a job that no one likes to do

Ahh 2 things that always secure a job place, doing the shit no one else wants to do, and learning the shit people dont want you to know how to do

yup i now look back at the last 4+ year doing my shitty job and see how lucky i am. they are laying off people with up to 10 years there and i only have 5