Garrett bottom mount turbo intercooler pipe routing?

Here’s my next problem to deal with. The garrett turbo i installed on my bottom mount exhaust doesn’t leave alot of space for the intercooler piping. Any pics of similar setups and how you routed the piping for s13?

I can’t really clock it, since the actuator is right in the way(believe me, I tried other positions), and the plate holding the actuator can’t be flipped around like some of the videos show because of the way its made.

I thought about making some sort of a custom actuator mounting plate to allow me to clock the turbo housing, but i must be missing something. It can’t be this hard. I would prefer that the exhaust port that goes to the turbo be facing upward, say on a 45 degree angle. That would be ideal.

Look at the pics and tell me what you think. Your thoughts and setup pics will be appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31763[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31764[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31765[/ATTACH]

What turbo is that? A typical GT28 would have the compressor outlet at the 3 o’clock postion. You would then use a 90* coupler to attach to the hotpipe.

^this

Some turbos allow you to clock the housings whichever way you want. Maybe you can do the same to what you have there.

The other thing you can do is have an elbow welded right to the housing instead of straight outlet… that makes life a lot easier

its a garrett gt2871R.

Fuck it. I clocked the turbo facing upward and cut apart the wastegate actuator mounting plate. Just have to weld it together so it holds the actuator properly. I think this will solve the problem. Will post a pic when finished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31785[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31786[/ATTACH]

ended up putting the turbo at a 90 angle and making the actuator mounting plate into a Z shape so it reaches better. Sorta hard to see in the pics cause I painted it black, but it does the job. Had the bov mount welded and the wideband bung welded too. Getting close now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32116[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32117[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32118[/ATTACH]