Gas prices

Not 1000 on gas, 1000 on anything, and then you get 10 cents off. And the first month you get 10 cents off no matter what.

Hmm, that’s a good point.

I usually spend over $1000 on my credit card each month maybe i should do this :smiley:

The only thing that sucks is that now I have to go to a canadian tire gas station. I have one pretty close to my house but not nearly as close as petro and there arent very many other ones around.

hmmmmmmmmm

I just applied for my CT Mastercard, petro points card, pioneer points card and whatever the fuck else points card i can get my hands on.

Man, I remember paying .73/L for 94 octane (high compression 5.0L)… those were good day’s.

Peak oil my young friends… Peak oil…

its only going to get worse… the government is just staying quite…just like the oil companies…

you will be the last generation using the gasoline internal combustion engine for mass transportation as we know it 100%

talk to Dan about the CT gas MC card… he worked on the launch and test marketing of it.

Melissa and i got the card on his recommendation and my wife loves it… there is a CT gas bar in the parking lot of her work, she saves like $4 - $5 every time.

i havent even activated the card yet because i have too many.

i honestly dont care about gas stations of prices… aside from Shell… fuck shell… but other than that there is nothing you can do about it unless you wanna be a murderer and assassinate oil execs.

focus on other stuff and group everything into your over all cost of living.

heck, my car insurance is now under $100 a month… its 3 times less than my phone plan…lol

if i can get my phone plan down under $200 a month then i dont really care if gas oges up to $1.25.

Another good way to do it is to stop being ghey and go out and make tons of money… that makes almost everything better… go get a new job at 50 - 60% more pay and then re-evaluate…

then do that again… then buy an H2 and let it warm up over night in the winter.

man i cant wait, global warming is a fraud.

bing i have never really said much to you in regards to anything. but have read lots of what u write and reply to. and i repect your opnion on most things. but for you to say
“global warming is a fraud.” you are on crack.
did you not notice the lack of snow till January and then the freak snow storm in april? its either global warming or 1 simple idea… our year is to short or long and our seasons are now over lapping each other. over the years a few days every year or something what should be january to us, to the world its maybe late nov,early dec. maybe im doing to much crack

i was joking anyways dude…

to be honest i dont care about global warming anyways, but calling it a fraud was in jest.

i know i was joking to. but im serious about my theory

Well global warming is a fraud.

The reason gas prices are not going down, as Adam said, it because we are reaching the global peak oil production. Soon they will not be able to create petrol fast enough to supply the demand, especially when the automotive industry in countries like India and China mature (which should happen in the next 10 years). Supply goes down, demand goes up, prices go up faster. There’s nowhere left to expand cheaply - for example, offshore rigs cost way more than the operations on land and produce far less oil. There’s not many places left to go.

I heard that the reason prices are high is because there is no competition in the industry so the ones who are producing can make there price whatever they want because everyone needs gas and no one else is selling it cheaper,
Me i really dont care what the gas prices are i still fill my tank with 94 and its under 60$ total most of the time, and as Bing said, get yourself a good job so you can afford to put gas in your car

ultimately you have to focus on the things over which you have control. you dont have control over gas prices but you do have some control over how much fuel you need, the type of fuel you use, where you buy it and how you pay for it.

you also have control over how much you earn. if you think you dont then you are probably a woman.

there is simply no truth to the fact that we are running out of oil.

as paul mentioned, it may be getting more expensive to refine it and drill for it but that is unquantifiable, reasonably, because the persons who have access to that information also have an interest to inflate it.

further, costs are relative and influencable. it may have cost a ton to drill for oil in fort mcmurray, but then you have entire communities growing around the production and all of a sudden it isnt so remote anymore.

additionally, you simply cannot say that we are running out of oil because we cannot quantify how much oil exists. in order to imply that something is almost goen you have to know how much is left and we cannot know that.

there are millions of square miles on this earth that are not inhabited and never have been and therefore still have all of their resources buried under ground. There is shit tons of oil up north in Canada just as their is in Russia. We just havent gotten to it yet.

Even when China ramps up there fuel consumption there will still be plenty to go around and we will not run out in our lifetime or our grand children’s lifetime. Anyone who suggest otherwise cannot support it with numbers. The simple fact that there are hundreds of untapped oil resources should suggest beyond reasonable doubt that there is alot to go around still.

We havent even finished raping africa yet and people are already concerned about going up north… come on now.

lastly, when an oil company is earning record profits it should immediately suggest to you that they are doing something well. When there are only 5 major players in an industry and they are all earning record profits it should suggest one word…collusion

the oil companies understand that there is no reasonable alternative for their products and they also have the power to supress alternatives (see “who killed the electric car”). For those reasons alone you do not need to consider the rest of anyones arguement.

when someone says we are running out of oil you ask them how much is there on earth?..

when someone says it costs too much to get ask them if oil companies are earning record profits?

I just stoped caring, At the moment I do not pay more then $20 a month for gas becasue work pays for it all and then the 240 is back on the road I will then be paying less then $200 a month for that,

o well shit happnes