gas question

I filled my car on the rez because it is $2.25 a gallon. Anywho, my car does not have its torqueyness and accellerates slower…just generaly feels sluggish. Would throwing in some octane booster or something fix it?

never hurts to try, its why i always get midgrade regardless my cash situtations. Throw some octane booster, and some injector cleaner in an hit the thruway and do a lil high speed driving. I was always told inj, cleaner need to be driven at a high speed to work it thru

I got a carb. :lol: who needs the thruway for high speed driving? I live in akron remember.

oh dont i look stupid now. Also I never really pay attention to the location sorry

lol its all good. They re-paved my road a few years ago. late night = time to see what she can do.

res gas ftl

higher octane doesnt make more power.

Yep. Higher octane actually makes LESS power. There is less energy in one gallon of 93 than there is in one gallon of 87. The 93 is just less prone to detonation, which is why cars with higher compression ratios require higher octane. Running mid grade in your car that says to use 87 is costing you power, and pissing money away.

But it will make you feel like your economy car is a sports car, so buy what makes you feel good. :slight_smile:

And JEG, get some dry gas and dump that in with your next fillup of non-rez gas.

res gas is garbage.

I threw in some STP gas treatment and it seems to be running alittle better. I think it may be in need of a fuel filter as well. I dunno. Just doesn’t have its usual little kick. :tdown: to rez gas.

yes any asshole can throw water into their gas tank., There was a massive problem a while back with people goin to a res an gettin gas, i remember reading about it peoples engines were shittin out on them came to be they had water in them. Not sayin the res gas is completely responsible but what else could it have been.?

Winter blend is now in stock at most gas stations.

Winter blend FTL.

derr? never heard of it.

One time when i went out snowmobiling i stopped at the rez and filled a 5 gallon gas can. we were out 6-7 huors and when we came back there was ice chunks in the can. this was many years ago but since then i have never bought gas on the rez

Octane booster won’t do dick squat. Aside from higher octane not helping your problem, a bottle of octane booster won’t boost a full tank even a full point. :tdown:

Yep. Octane booster is an INCREDIBLE marketing ploy that has a placebo effect on people.

In cold climates they use it during cold months.(Including WNY)
I think it arrives here around September 15.

But… but the bottle, just looked so fast and it said NOS on it. How could it possibly be false!

octane booster testing results : (aki = the rating they use at the pump)

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0503ec_techboost_chart2.jpg

shell 91 octane + 30% toluene =

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0503ec_techboost_chart1.jpg

story:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0503ec_octane_boosters_tested/

stop supporting the rez