Gauge cluster removal for 95 240sx SE

Hi everybody,

I’ve done some searching, and I haven’t picked up a FSM yet (and I live maybe 10 minutes from Village Nissan in Unionville!), but I would really like to know the straightforward method to removing the gauge cluster on mu car. One of the bulbs must be out because at night, only 2/3 of the cluster is lit! It’s like driving without a fuel gauge, and half of my speedometer. :slight_smile:

The instructions I’ve seen on the site are all for s13’s as far as I can tell, but I would really appreciate any info on the S14 chassis.

Thanks, and I hope to see you at the next meet, because I couldn’t make it to this one… :<

Thanks for your help guys.
Renman

YOU CAN EITHER DROP THE STEERING COLUMN (NOT NECESSARY, BUT A LITTLE EASIER TO WORK WITH) OR JUST REMOVE THE PLASTIC HOUSING AROUND THE CLUSTER (2 BOLTS ON THE TOP) <<sry caps

I can’t remember if there are any other bolts holding in that piece, so you may want to lower the steering wheel, or take off the cover that goes over the steering hub to get a better look. I’m pretty sure its just those 2 bolts, then once that piece is off, the 3 bolts to take off the cluster are exposed.

you may want to pick up these xenon hyper white bulbs for your cluster. they are $4 each, and look like a bright white, lasted me over a year now, pac mall.

oh, becareful not to break that plastic housing BTW, and to remove the clips from the speedo, I remember one (I think the middle clip of the 3) the tab has to be depressed from the top, and not the bottom like the other 2 clips

Yes, that is how to do it. Be careful with the gauge cluster housing when removing it though, it is a tight fit and I would definately recommend dropping the steering column. There are only two screws holding it in at the top, it will still feel tight after you remove the screws, but it is just sitting there, nothing else is holding it it.

I appreciate all the help! Thanks guys!

Hope to see you soon.