Gauge Install

Well I have ordered 5 (52mm)guages for my car and I will need to install them. I wouldnt mind some oppinions(a pillar pod will not work though).

They are Defi knock off’s as I was not about to drop 2 grand on guages

I was thinking about mounting them in the stock mounting area(see picture) sunk into a peice of shiny metal…

Then who here will be willing to help me install them. They come with all the nessesary hardware for the guages.

pic:
http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~gt-r/2/simi2.jpg

Hey I could lend a hand. Might as well get some experience playing with Skylines :smiley:

I think the 3 gauges in the console would look better in a black plate rather than something shiny. maybe some type of CF deal, I dunno how good that would look.

What would you do with the stereo and climate controls? Maybe move the stereo to the glovebox? That would be pretty good as long as it’s a clean job.

Good point on not getting the Defi’s. They’re beautiful, but that kind of cash can be better spent on a GTR :smiley:

you can get the plate from defi and the gauges will fit right in it. Not too sure on the price though. Might be worth it to make your own. Good luck and post some pic’s of what you do. I want to see how it turns out.

i dont have the 3 stock gauges for the car these are going in. the other two i will mount elsewhere htough.

I’ll look around

Where can i go to get these installed…it looks fun