GB: Lowest Megan Racing Pricing You've Seen Yet!

UPDATE: (October 22th)
After 5 long months, this group buy is officially complete! Check Page 10 (near bottom) for some concluding words. Thanks everyone

UPDATE: (October 10th)
I’ve finally got them!

Everyone email or PM me ASAP to setup a date/time to come get these bad boys.

If there is enough interest I’ll bring them to the West End meet this wednesday. at least 4 - 5 people need to meet there though in order for it to be worth it.

email jammin@cogeco.ca
or PM me

UPDATE: (August 11th)
Alright guys, once again MR has shown us how much they BLOW.

We received the STB’s, but none of them Gunmetal’s.

I’m not going to drive to Ohio (7 hrs) to get half of them and then go again - so if those of you who ordered gunmetals don’t really care about the color let me know because I have a few extra sets.

Otherwise, we keep playing this damned waiting game until they send the rest of the product. My apologies…

UPDATE: (July 24th)
Just a quickie update, Megan Racing claims the STBs will be in this week or early next week.
However, I’ve learned to take anything they tell us as a grain of salt until I see hard evidence…
Just keeping you guys in the loop!

UPDATE: (July 12th)
Just a quickie update, everything is good to go and accounted for other than the STBs. I’m going to try my damndest to get to the meet tomorrow at the timmies on 403/dundas (the usual west end meet) I’ll probably be there around 9:30-10:00. If you can’t make it, no worries. Expect a phone call from me regardless - I just want to make sure everyone knows about this.

UPDATE: (July 11th)
I just got home from Ohio earlier today! I’ve got most of the gear. I need to make arrangement now to get all of this product handed out. I’m really busy with work and stuff so It’s going to be tricky. I’ve already got all of the coilovers delivered because I had them in my car - those got delivered because they were big, etc and I couldnt keep them around.

Now, unfortunately Megan chooched the order and didn’t get us the strut tower bars. I’m on their case and I’ll give everyone updates as soon as I have them. As for the rest of the stuff we are good to go. There was one other hiccup but that person will have a PM from me in a few minutes.

I’m going to ask that everyone please PM me with their first name and a number I can contact them - preferably a cell phone if possible. This way I can keep everyone in the loop easier and not rely on the forums.

Expect a PM from me in the next day or two at most if I don’t call you.

UPDATE: (June 25th)
Quick update, all of the product is en route with the exception of Blue STBs and Coilover Damper Kits. These will take extra time unfortunately - megan is out of stock.
I ordered extra sets of polished aluminum STBs in case people want those instead. PM me if you have questions / concerns / etc

Shouldn’t be too long now folks!!

UPDATE: (June 19th)
Just a quickie status update. Megan is waiting on stock for just a few items at this point and will be sending the order to us ASAP. Hang tite and I’ll keep you updated here as more information becomes available.

UPDATE: (June 10th)
Today is the last day for deposits! Please submit your deposits by midnight tonight of your out! :slight_smile: Call me anytime @ 905-616-2299 (John) if you need absolutely anything regarding this buy… Leave a message if I don’t pick up I’m probably just in the middle of something at work.

UPDATE: (June 1)
I’m too lazy to do this up formal like the rest, for I can do the S13 N1 Catback for $410 Canadian. It looks nice and sounds decent too, not sure about fitment. email me (john@jetstreamhosting.com) if you want a soundclip I’ve got one stashed away.

Also:
KA24 or SR20 Turbo Manifold: $220.00 (SR pictured in link)
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=268

MR Type CF Spoiler: $335.00
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=127

WRX STi CF Spoiler: $335.00
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=182

UPDATE: (May 27)
Well, after some discussions I have set rough dates on the future key points of this group buy. Here they are:
Order Cut-off: June 3rd (Friday)
Deposit Cut-off: June 10th (Friday)
Money/Product Exchange Meets: Weekend of July 8th-10th

This means you have exactly one week from today to get in on this group buy, and exactly two weeks from today to get your deposit in to me. I am going to start sending PMs to those who have already commited.
Currently, the plan is that I make the trip across the border to pick up this equipment on the weekend of July 1st-3rd. It’s about a month away unfortunately but I’ve got a feeling with an order of this size there is going to be complications involved and it’s not going to come in the usual 3-5 business days. This gives me about 2 weeks to get everything sorted out.

Note: To those of you who are still waiting on quotes, I apologize but I’m still working on getting them, it’s driving me just as crazy as it’s likely driving you. I’ll get them to you ASAP.

Everyone should expect a PM from me soon.

UPDATE: (May 23)
We are well on our way now with this group buy. I’ve completely redone the information structure here to make it less cluttered and more clear. I also wanted to set up this thread so that I can post important updats as an update with a date attached to it (see above). Please check this post regularly for updates and please READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD. I’ve been getting lots of pm’s from people regarding dead lines, etc. All of that will be answered here.

Concept
We are trying to arrange a large group buy. Megan Racing is known for selling good (not necessarily flawless mind you) quality products, at jaw-dropping prices. What we are trying to do here is take those prices and make them even lower by combining our wallets and going after them with one huge order. Keeping that in mind - we are already well on our way…

Prices
The prices listed below which are highlighted in RED, BOLD, and a larger font size are the prices you will pay at our product/money exchange meet (see below for meet details). No you cannot have a discount. On a brighter note, there is no hidden fees, no duty, no tax - it’s all included in the prices listed. Now, if you DO require shipping (ie: cannot make it to our meets for some reason) you will have to pay for that. Also, if you pay via paypal you will need to cover the transaction fee - see Payment Methods section below for details.

Meets
I will be arranging ONE or TWO meets at central locations for all of those involved in the group buy for money and product exchange purposes. Nothing is set in stone yet, but from the looks of it there will be a west-end and an east-end meet. Also, I can show up at the weekly west-end meet at the Timmies @ 401/Dundas to exchange product/payment there if that’s what some people prefer.

Deposits
Desposits will be collected via any payment method specified below. At the time of deposit you will be required to pay a pre-specified amount, this amount will be between 25% and 40% of your entire order depending on the size of the order. If you’ve got the money you are more than welcome to pay your balance in full at this time to avoid dealing with it at the time of exchange.

Payment Methods
Acceptable payment methods are:

• Canadian or International Money Order
  • Certified Canadian [Cashier’s] Cheque
  • CA$H
  • E-Mail Money Transfer (requires use of Online Banking with Major Banks)
  • PayPal (You will need to cover the PayPal Transaction Fee)
    -> PayPal Transaction Fee is 2.9% of the total + $0.55
    i.e.: If your balance owed is $100 you would send $103.45

Additional Notes:
In the case of payment via a certified cheque, cashier’s cheque or money order - unfortunately I can not accept these on the day of our product exchange, although these are certified there are sometimes mistakes in the generation and can still not be cashed and that is just something I don’t have time to deal with or the extra money to cover if someone decides to screw me. We WILL accept these certified payment methods for deposits - if you wish to pay your entire balance at this time you are welcome to go ahead and do so. are you guys catching the hint yet?

PayPal and E-Mail Money transfers will be accepted any time except on the date of our planned meet.

Cash will of course be accepted any time, please don’t be offended if you see myself or whoever does the product exchange with you checking out the money :slight_smile: Can never be too safe.

Group Buy Deadline
It’s simple. This group buy doesn’t have a deadline yet. Why? Because we need this order to be as large as possible. So, a ROUGH ESTIMATE is that we will be ending this group buy in 2-3 weeks. We will confirm all orders and arrange a time and place to exchange deposits at that time. Once we get to this point things need to start moving quickly so please make sure you check your PMs often, we aren’t waiting for you to go ahead with this - you may just get left out! :slight_smile: Once all deposits are received we will finalize the GB there and I’ll be making the drive over the border to pick up the product soon after.

Products
Now the fun part. All products listed here are available for 1989-1994 Nissan 240SX unless otherwise specified. Some are available for both S13 and S14. Please visit the Megan Racing website www.meganracing.com for details on what else in available, the product listed below are only a small handful of what I thought may be interested to you. Keep in mind there are parts available for all types of cars so feel free to ask me for quotes on ANYTHING you find on the Megan Racing website and I’ll get you a good price.

*Assume all products Listed Here are available for 240SX S13 (S14 on those noted as such)
**All of “Our Price”'s are in CANADIAN DOLLARS

Short Shifter (link)
Our Price: $75.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $79.95 US Dollars + S&H

Strut Tower Bars (Front and Rear avail. in annodized Blue/Red/GunMetal) (link)
Our Price: $50.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $69.95 US Dollars + S&H

Lowering Springs S13/S14 (S13 link) - (S14 link)
Our Price: $125.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $139.95 US Dollars + S&H

Gauges (link)
Our Price: $70.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $89.95 US Dollars + S&H

S14 SR20DET Aluminum Pullys (link)
MSRP: $109.95 US Dollars + S&H

Large Intercooler (link)
Our Price: $300.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $349.95 US Dollars + S&H

Small Intercooler (link)
Our Price: $275.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $299.50 US Dollars + S&H

Coilover Damper Kits - 32 Way Adjustable S13/S14 (S13 link) - (S14 link)
Many Club Members Will Vouch For The Quality Of These Springs
Our Price: $1130.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $1199.95 US Dollars + S&H

Universal Fuel Pressure Regulator (link)
MSRP: $89.95 US Dollars + S&H

Universal Oil Catch Tank (link)
Our Price: $80.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $69.95 US Dollars + S&H

Universal Blow-Off Valve (link)
Our Price: $135.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $149.95 US Dollars + S&H

Steering Wheen Quick Release Hub (link)
Our Price: $115.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)

Muffler Tip: M-DF (link)
Dual 3.5" Tip w/ Silencers
MSRP: $119.95 US Dollars + S&H

Muffler Tip: M-RS (link)
Dual 4" Tip

Muffler Tip: M-N1 (link)
Single 4" Tip w/ Dual Layer Silencer (30% Noise Reduction)
Our Price: $95.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $87.95 US Dollars + S&H

Universal Racing Seat (Black, Red and Blue avail.) (link)
Our Price: $285.00 Canadian (includes all s&h/duty to me!!)
MSRP: $249.95 US Dollars + S&H

Also be sure to check out other Megan Racing products that we haven’t quoted here. If it’s not here, just ask for pricing. I especially like some of their universal exhaust tips, and they are super cheap:
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_page.asp?catid=45

Also, you can expect more GB action from me in the near future. If you think you’ve got a good idea for a group buy PM me and I’ll work on it - we’ve got access to accounts with lots of top manufacturers.
Note: We’ve decided to do a Cusco group buy in the near future to so watch out for that when this one is complete!

Contact Info For Me:
Phone (John): 905-616-2299 (phone or text msg)
E-Mail: john@jetstreamhosting.com
Or PM me here.

Id be interested in picking up 3/4 gauges depending on whether or not this buy works out. cusco GB?

who here is running the megan gauges and how do they compare to the brand name ones?

price on mr KA turbo mani?

I’ll buy a strut bar.

We can definetly look in to a Cusco GB after this one.

As far as a KA Turbo manifold goes - We can’t seem to find a price for it on the MR pricelist - if you found it on the website can you give me a part number?

I’m not exactly sure who all has guages here. I think farmer has them custom molded in to his dash if I remember correctly. Hurricane has oil temp. and boost guage which I’ve seen. From what I’ve seen of his and from what he has said they look really good (the pics do them justice so just check those out) and accuracy/response wise they are also good. The problem Hurricane had was with the install process - I’m not going to go in to detail because I can’t remember specifics from what he said - it might be a good idea PM him or catch him on irc #240sx on EFNet (He’s “Masta” on IRC).

Let me know - I can email you a pic of what I believe to be a Megan guage installed in to farmers car. (Give me an address to sent it to)

id be intereted in picking up 3 then. oil press/ oil temp/ egt

email me the pic. vmak007@hotmail.com

whats the ETA on these?

these guys here can get the KA mani

theyre asking 140usd.

Email sent.

I think they made a mistake on the KA part of the turbo manifold. It’s not on the pricelist for the KA and the picture shown there is the one for the SR according to the MR website and they don’t have one on the site for the KA. Unless it fits both, I’m going say that guy just made a mistake.

As far as the rest of that stuff goes though, we can get all of it and beat his pricing - that thread showcases a few extra things like the (what I think) are really nice MR Racing Seats, and some other goodies.

They’ve got lots of cool little things, check out their website!

Oh and regarding ETA, that is yet to be determined. Like I mentioned in my original post we are going to be making the call as to whether this GB goes through or not depending on the interest shown - so far it’s been good if this keeps up we’ll do it for sure. I’m not going to set a date now, but realistically speaking It’s going to be at least a few weeks to a month until we can get the parts to Canada and get them handed out… and don’t hold me to that - I hope you’re not in a rush!

Front or Rear, and what color?

Check the website (link above) for colors.

its not a mistake. megan had a KA mani in development and a couple ppl in the states are running it already.

Im down for the Struts, rear and front in red. Maybe the springs aswell; can anyone suggest a good shock setup with that?

Sounds good, I have you down for just STB’s, rear/front in red for now. Let me know if you decide you want the lowering springs for sure.

According to latest pricelist and website, there is no EGT guage?

Here is a list:
Turbo boost Gauge 30psi
Vacuum
Volts
Air/Fuel Ratio
Water Temperature
Oil Temperature
Oil Pressure
RPM

Well if people are running it, I guess it exists!

I’ll get a final price and let you know here.

Short Shifter
MSRP: $75.00 US Dollars + S&H
Our Price: $75.00
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=230

Strut Tower Bars (Front and Rear, Annodized Blue/Red/GunMetal avail.):
MSRP: $50.00 US Dollars + S&H
Our Price: $50.00
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=201

If everything works out, Put me down for 1x Short shifter, & Front & Rear Gunmetal struts.

My buddy with his porsche has an internal BOV & he wants an external. He was amazed by that price, So hook up a BOV as well.

Universal Blow-Off Valve:
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=161

& how much is shipping & handling if your grabbing that stuff.

btw: Great prices!

Shipping to me is included in these prices. If you require shipping from me to your location it will be more but I’m arranging a couple of central meets to meet up and make the exchanges free of charge to you guys (read the first post for more details)

I’ve put you down for for 1x SS and gunmetal front/rear struts. I’ll get you a final price on the blow off and put you down as a “maybe” until you confirm the price is ok. (I’m not sure what price you were already looking at, maybe the msrp on the meganracing.com website… it should actually be somewhere around there in canadian dollars including shipping to me, etc).

[quote=“Jammin1911”]

Shipping to me is included in these prices. If you require shipping from me to your location it will be more but I’m arranging a couple of central meets to meet up and make the exchanges free of charge to you guys (read the first post for more details)

I’ve put you down for for 1x SS and gunmetal front/rear struts. I’ll get you a final price on the blow off and put you down as a “maybe” until you confirm the price is ok. (I’m not sure what price you were already looking at, maybe the msrp on the meganracing.com website… it should actually be somewhere around there in canadian dollars including shipping to me, etc).[/quote]

Alright man, sounds great. -

Pm me when your ready

-Timacks

Prices on:

Racing Seats:
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_page.asp?catid=70

Steering Wheel Quick Release Hub:
http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=353

Yea I might be interested on the seats as well… depending on the price of course.

based on the other prices i would assume its gonna be about 250 a seat

I’m working on getting quotes for all of the things requested - Just waiting on a reponse from the supplier at this point. As far the seats go MrSkinny, I see the same trend you do but keep in mind that shipping is playing a part in the costs here so it may be a bit higher - I’ll post it up asap though.

PS - I’m about to update the MSRP prices with more accurate information, apparently my last source was outdated. :wink: (not that it really matters, but just for comparison purposes)

yeah when your ready let me know…ill take a set of coil overs