Gear discussion

Welcome!

Reading your post I was just about to ask about longevity but since you asked about the Sidi’s I’ll explain why.

I can contribute to review of Sidi Vertigo’s as these are the boots I have

I’ve done likely around ~15,000 miles on them and 3,700 miles in one trip. I personally love them but they tend to have longevity issues. This is my third year on them and I wear them every time I ride. While they hold up great in a crash (one at the track, one in the adirondacks) their sole tends to wear out rather quick, especially for a day walker (if you spend all day walking everywhere in them). I’ve actually had to glue the tip of the sole back on as it started coming off and the sole is wearing through simply by wear and tear.

In the summer they cool well due to the vents (really do help) but they aren’t water proof. Water resistant (being a full boot an all) at best. But they are quite comfortable to walk in and I typically don’t have a problem spending all day in them. There were instances when I’d ride my bike somewhere, hop into a friends car (not having a spare set of shoes on me) and spend the rest of the day going around town etc in the boots.

Hope this helps.