General NYS inspection and OBD2 question

LMAO…literally busted out laughing

^^^ lol

Doing a little more digging and it would seem that Will’s theory is pretty good. Hardware ID’s on LS1a/b PCM’s read as N/A whereas an E38/E67 (newer GM) PCM actually has a serial number. I just pulled back a scan on 3 cars out of my driveway and the LS1 pcm doesn’t report a CAL ID at all and the '07 Cobalt and '06 G6 both do. I gather that this has a lot to do with the year of the vehicles more than anything.

Or you could just pay the damn ticket.

It’s the same fee as no front plate which many of us don’t have to begin with.

after 2 yrs n.y wont issue a reg if no inspection has been done . and holy fuck people are dense trust me i look at every way to get people thru these things within reason . without a lot of b-s it aint gonna happen so unless your einstien and can take on the world with a wand "hennesy " your fucked and if ya do make it thru im fucked and u will be shortly after .

:lol

Yea, they fucked everyone that was doing the ol’ peel one off the other car trick with that shit. :rofl

Anyone want to move to Vermont? I heard they have great gun laws.

I’ll just stick to bikes, no need to surrender plates when take off insurance, no OBD2 BS, no issues with registration if not inspected for years. :dunno

After just having bought a car and looking at a few in vermont their inspection isnt as bad as ours motor wise but the failed a perfectly fine subaru for having quarter panel rust, so good luck with VT too

Vt is going emmisions soon as well . So get it while it good

Correct. What I’m getting at is you could theoretically use the older LS camaro PCM and it will report monitors ready and not DTCs without the extra info(serial #). If you used a new PCM and it throws out a serial # then DMV would see it go wtf and red flag the inspection and come check out the car. Again I emphasize this is just my theory, in my experience DMV isn’t free with info to allow us to do stuff that they don’t want us to.

VT owned