Get ready for extra Nickel water bottle deposits.

Another great way to attract people to our fine state.

So, I haven’t had a can of soda to drink in nearly a year, I’ve totally lost taste for the stuff.

I bought the stupid Brita filter that attaches to the faucet, and I have not been using it enough. So I got on the water bottle kick, buying the 35 pack from wegmans for $3.99 or whatever.

I’m looking at the bottle yesterday, and I noticed that they changed the style of the bottle and they put a barcode on each one now.

Sure enough there is a NY 5 cents logo on them now.

Another fucking thing to drag to the supermarket and return like a fucking animal.

Its super annoying, if you think this is about recycling you are dead wrong.

We are turning into California, only its not nice here…

I then noticed that Wegmans installed updated bottle returning machines as well. A total of 6 of them.

Next will be tuna cans, and soup cans.

Times like this makes me long for moving out of this state. In Ohio they don’t do this bullshit. My uncle throws all his garbage into garbage bags, beer cans and everything.

Same deal in Nevada.

So think twice when you buy that 35 pack of water bottles, it has a 50 percent deposit tax attached to it.

I have no idea how they got this passed, an extra tax on the high sugar soda would have made more sense.

There are going to be some rich bums in buffalo with the amount of water bottles that are thrown out!

As long as you bring it back, I just can’t see what’s so wrong about it. I know the bill was passed only for the revenue but it’s not like it isn’t helping the environment at the same time. Just buy gallon jugs of distilled water if it pisses you off that bad and get a refillable sipper cup, that’s what my girl does.

I love the fact that nys gets 80% of non returned deposits. Also I might be wrong, but I thought that water bottles were not able to be recycled and the product reused like soda bottles can because of the type of plastic they are made out of.

I think that non carbonated drink containers are made out of old carbonated cans/bottles.

If this were NOT about about revenue, they would have added a deposit to non-carbonated flavored beverages as well.

I throw out my beer bottles. Too lazy to return them. It’s just a lazy tax. We should have more.

As usual, it’s the people who are doing the right thing that get fucked. We don’t use much bottled water, instead using the environmentally friendly filtered water from the fridge. The few bottled waters we do use end up in our Amherst provided recycle bin. Now they’re one more thing to take back to the store unless we want to pay another tax to NY.

SHUT UP

I re-use my water bottles typically, but this is just fucking dumb. Another fucking tax on the people.

I’ve got a million beer cans/bottles in my basement because it’s just not worth my time to return them.

I biught a $50 under the sink water filter and we just fill a water jug in the fridge.
I replace the filter about every 6 months @ $40

I HATE buying bottled water when I can buy beer for less.

Yep. I will never own another fridge without filtered water on the door. One of those features you live without for so long and once you have it you think, “how did I live without this?”.

I believe that’s known as DVR syndrome.

Beer cans are one thing, cause there aren’t alternatives, but if it cuts down on the TONS of little bottles that end up everywhere when there’s a million better ways to get WATER then it doesn’t bother me.

I think My next water mod will be a whole house water filter system.
Not that expensive and relativly easy to install.

I can’t stand returning bottles. What a waste of time and resources for a measly 5 cents. This is way worse for the environment, think of all the gas wasted.

:picard:

Maybe if you take a trip to the store for each individual bottle, but the majority aren’t that retarded. You store them up and bring them back in a large group.

Plus, most people are already going to the grocery store at some point anyway.

seriously?

edit: watching tv and posting owned me. ^^^jays beat me, and also articulated what i was originally too lazy to spell out.

Jesus Christ Jay. Isnt that implied? Its still stupid.
Picard yourself

I think this is a good idea. the people who recycle probably wont return them regardless. its the lazy fucks who litter that will save the the bottles now to get their 5 cents.

ugh I hate people who litter and dont recycle.

Well, a plus to this is any place where you would normally find a lot of plastic water bottles as litter will now get cleaned up. Not much much by the lazy people that just toss them, but by bums collecting the trash for the deposit.

I think it will be proactive and keep people from throwing them out in the first place.

as for the rest of the garbage on the streets, it comes down to poor parenting and personal responsibility. aka never gonna be nice in america.