Mass Bottle Return

Anyone know of a place that will come pick them up? I have about 20-25 cases of bottles to get out of here and not in the mood to piss off Wegmans. All are cleaned and boxed so just need a local company that will pick them up.

Get someone off here to take them in and cut in on the profit?

There is a cash for cans place on seneca street right near OP road and center rd. I would say it might be on the corner of seneca and center.

They take cans/bottles right in bags, and they sort them for you, and pay you cash when they are done.

I used them last week for like 25 dollars worth of bottles, it was a shitload.

Every once in a while you see ‘recycling centers’ that you drive up to with bags of cans or whatever and they take them from you for cash. No putting them individually into machines.

Still haven’t figured out how its a profitable business though

Do you have the can tabs as well? I hear you get a free keg with enough tabs.

i don’t see any “service” finding it worth driving somewhere to make a pick up with value of $15 when recycled…not much of a profit margin there. (assuming they are cases of 12)

are they all twist off?? If a good number are pop off tops I will pay you for them and deal with the rest.

technically, a case is usually defined as 24.

As long as the cases are full with the right bottle number inside, they just count the cases and type the number on the computer. The only wait time is putting the cases on the counter.

These things are all over the CNY area, in like every plaza with signs saying “up to 8 cents a bottle”. I don’t get it either my only guess is they truck them to one of the states that pays more for bottle deposits?

make sure you save the pop tops so you can get a free keg of beer

Ah yes, the Cosmo Kramer method.

thats illegal, I doubt a business would involve themselves in that on a regular basis.

Possibly the aluminum is worth more in bulk/compacted form than in the can shape. but then what about the glass?

To be honest, most are Saranac bottles which are pop offs AFAIK but I really don’t want to go digging through boxes. I just need them out of here and don’t want to transport them really. I know in Rochester there was a truck that as long as you had a certain amount, they would show up and pick them up. I believe it was for cans tho and I think they just wanted the metals over the actual $0.05 return.

I will pick them up for you and deal with all of the sorting and return. Give me a semi accurate number and I will pay you for them.

i thought this thread was gonna be about a guy who returned 500$ worth of bottles, epic dissapointment

I will have the number for you tonight or tomorrow. Most are in the 24 bottle cases and have been clean. A lot are Saranac/Lake Placid bottles but there is also some random ones. They are pretty much sorted just too much of a PITA to go piss off wegmans to put 500 bottles into the machines and have them empty it every 20 minutes. Lol.

The beer distributer near where I grew up used to take all of our cans and bottles. Didn’t have to feed a machine, they had a little area setup in the back where they would sort and dump the bottles/cans into bins depending on type. If they’re in the cases, then it’s super easy to count too. That doesn’t solve the transporting issue though.

Nys pays the recycle places 8.5 cents for each one, that is how they make their money.

I’d be interested in finding a place that takes bulk deposits as well; I’ve got about 8-10 lawn bags full of 85% cans 15% bottles and I’m too lazy to stand at wegmans for a half hour feeding them into the machine.