Pop can tabs for free keg

Anyone ever heard of this?

Rumor is that if you fill up a gallon jug of pop/beer/whatever tabs and go down to the beer store you can trade it in for a half keg of beer. I’ve read some places that you have to still pay for the tap and obviously the deposit.

I called consumers and they laughed me off the phone so maybe if it is true it has to be a certain place

I know that when you work out the math that you’d only get like 4 bucks max for the amount of aluminum you are recycling so obviously there would have to be some other use for the tabs.

If anyone has heard anything like this please post store name!

mother of god.

if this is true, I’m set! My wife has been collecting the tabs off cans for almost a year. Her niece has something going on in their school to collect them and it somehow helps fund activities.

If this is true, her niece gets no tabs from me :slight_smile:

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/39024/sport-bike-turning-circles/boxxy-trolling.jpg

http://media.nscdn.com/uploads/cache/images/1224688306-641935-400x445-lol_wut.jpg

This made me laugh really hard hahaha.

It works at Wegmans.

I heard if you put a tooth under your pillow, you get a dollar.

Which wegmans?

All wegmans locations honors this, not just one

Ya, the Wegmans in Henrietta let me do it with a 2L bottle full. Good people there!

Last time I checked wegmans doesn’t even sell kegs

When was the last time you checked? You need to ask, they don’t have them out on display in the beer coolers

this whole thing makes no sense. a gallon of pop can tabs weighs what? let’s say 5lbs. (i’m thinking more like 3lbs)

Scrap weight of aluminum is $.85/lb. This doesn’t make sense to me.

This is so weird that you should post this. I was at kegger in the woods this weekend and I was talkin to the dude where he got it and he said he brought the tabs to wegmans.

I didn’t believe him but I guess it really is true!

Wegmans is the only place that does it IIRC

:word:

I just called 3 wegmans in the buffalo area and none of them even sell kegs

Oh he also said he called and asked about it but they didn’t know what he was talkin about but when he went to the back room with the beer with the tabs they knew exactly what he was talkin about and gave him his free keg.

If you talk to the people at the desk they don’t know about it because they’re just some shitty desk money. Tha guys in tha back know all about it tho.

my parents collect them we have probably a few boxes and bags of them…ill snag a few for free beer