Empty Kegs

I will probably start calling scrap yards tomorrow, but with the high NY deposit it is hard to come across used kegs anymore. I remember years ago when I had several in my garage. If I had know that I would need them, I would have never ditched them!

Anyhow, I need 3 kegs, preferably the ones that have straight side walls rather than the curved coors style.

Let me know if you have anything around, or any where that you know has them and will sell them off.

Mike

I heard if you take 3 kegs to wegmans, they’ll give you 2 gallons of coke can tabs!?!?!

Is that why you need them???

good luck. free bump <3

LOL Can I then donate the tabs to stop AIDS in Africa?

What I really need them for is my version of this:

i approve…
looks cool. but whats it do?!?!?

EDIT: i just hope this doesnt turn out like fry’s last project.

No… It can not turn out like fry’s last project as I need to have it. It turns water and grains into ‘Wort’ which I then add Hops and other ingredients to and boil in the third and final kettle. After drawing the liquid from that Kettle into a fermenter it starts on its long journey to becoming cold delicious BEER.

More information here: http://www.goldendogbrewery.com/how.php

wayyyy cooler than fry’s smoker… however, smoked meat would have been as cool as beer if he ever finished the project…

:tup: good luck.

Goddamn…I never get in early enough to drop this joke first.
LOL

^lol. i saw it and i jumped on it.

i have a buddy with the curved kind sitting in his shed. just one

solution: purchase 3 kegs, have kegger that charges $3 / beer, keep profits and kegs

^that was my thought.

the smoker is alive and well, thank you very much… :stuck_out_tongue:

Kegs are hard to come by, even the brewery is constantly out.

but I do not want to throw a party. I just want to hack apart some kegs. How about someone else throws a party, I will pay for the deposit on the kegs, and you can give them to me!! All of the left over beer and the party profit is all yours to keep!

probably should have made this thread, PRE-Halloween.

just saying.

buy kegs. drink beer. ??? profit.

LOL @ left over keg beer :iobarf:

Meh… It is fine the next day if kept cold. If you really do it right and have it feed with a nitrogen or co2 tank you will have good beer for weeks.

yea, CO2 will keep it good for awhile.

Anyone know scrap yards that will sell metal? Twin Village does not, someone has to though. I would assume that one of these recyclers has some damaged kegs lying around.

Does that fancy machine train dogs to jump on trampolines?