Getting an unregistered car home

Ok, so I bought the Z on Friday. I have the title and it’s insured, just not registered, reason being I don’t feel comfortable transferring the plates until I sell the tC. I feel like the potential buyer of the tC, who left me a $500 deposit, is definitely going to buy the car, but I also felt that way about the potential buyer last week.

That being said, my options right now do not include driving it home unregistered. Could I? Yes, and probably wouldn’t get caught, but with my luck the past two weeks who knows.

I guess what I’m trying to ask is, besides registering it as a second vehicle and getting a second set of plates, and getting it towed home, do I have any other options?

If not, does anyone know of a good cheap towing company in the southtowns? Or how much a second set of plates would be, just to turn them in like two days later? TIA…

Just register it and then turn in the TC plates?

How much will a second set of plates cost? I am debating whether it’s worth it to have a second set of plates and registration for maybe two days time.

if its insured you can get a transport plate for it, and that should last you til you can transfer your plates from the TC

did u buy it from a dealer ?

explain the situation, ask if you can borrow a set of plates and one of the salesmen, tell them you plan on doing it around either A) noon B) end of the dealers work day

ask the manager if he can find a salesman willing to accompany you home in the car, and you will buy said saleman lunch / dinner for the work

they will trust “their guy” way more w/ the plates then they would u alone, and it doesnt cost them any money to have the plates be used for a 1/2 hour

anymore info on the transfer plate? obviously i get it from the dmv, do you know the cost off hand?

edit: it was a private sale.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/register.htm#temporary

PMed about temp plate

the car needs to go from where to where?

hamburg-west seneca

okay, and when do you want to do this?

I could get it there for you. Legally.

PM me if you want.

tomorrow, and pm’d :tup: