Getting out of Lease

I think im moving and i need to get out of my lease. Need to move closer to work and my utilities are crazy. Any way to get out of a lease, mabye tell them my work is moving me or something?

Thanks

isn’t there a site called leaseswap.com or something?

gonna be tough, try to work with them and agree to stay until they can find a new tennant

i’m a fucking retard.

i thought this was about a car. i don’t even want to talk about it.

Talk to your landlord and see if he’s flexible on your contract. Maybe if you help find someone to take over the lease, like by paying for the Buffalo News ad, he’ll let you out of it.

But basically you entered into a contract so the excuse of “my work is moving me” doesn’t matter.

More than likely if you’ve paid on time and have been a good tenent the landlord isn’t going to let you out of the lease without a fight. It’s a real pain in the ass finding good tenents.

hes talking about his house/apt, i think. not his car.

edit: your too fast for me

typically in your lease it will detail lease break fees.

check it out yo…

im a good tennant, fuck this sucks ass, NYSEG Sucks balls. I have to talk to them saturday.

renting from a company they are probably going to want to keep your security deposit as a penalty for terminating. Its BS but they are gay like that. Where you planning on moving to?

Then work pays for you to break. When my company moved me they paid for the two months and loss of security deposit to break the lease. This was outlined in the contract.

As stated, your only shot is to hope that the landlord is cool with you and will at least use some KY for when he bends you over.

Worst case scenario, expect to lose 2 months rent and deposit.

Do crazy shit so he kicks you out?
Maybe rent it to someone yourself for more? lol

Town Hall Terrace. I dont have alot of time then if i cant break the lease as i need to resign it soon for the upcoming year.

See if they’ll let you sign a month by month lease. Explain that things are your current job are really unstable and you may have to move.

When faced with the choice of losing a good tenent who pays on time vs letting them go month to month a lot of landlords will choose the latter.

almost impossible to get out of lease… i somehow did…

but bc i started a fight with the people above my room…

a real fight lol

other than that. there is NO way out

yeah Jay, thats what i was thinking of doing, they are cool people it seems.

join the military, legally they have to let you out

hahaha well if i want big and old that might be an option :slight_smile:

Town Hall Terrace ???

I’ll see you at Tops then. That seems to be the social gathering place.

You’ll see…

lol no wegmans on the island?

Tops is the place to be. You can’t go there without running into someone you know. It sucks…