Might be losing my house

Just got some bad news today. I got a 6 bedroom apartment house down in Oakland for school, me and 5 friends live here. We pay our rent and utilities on time all the time.

but apparently our landlord hasnt been paying the mortage on the house. Sherrif showed up tonight and gave us the legal documents. He owes something like 70 grand and has a few weeks to pay it off, else he loses the house and apparently so do we. i guess we have to move out then.

I have no idea what to do now. Start lookin for another place… Damn…and i only have 3 months before i graduate and be done with school too.

damn that sucks

damn…thats a really shitty situation to be in…what an asshat for not payin his shit

this happened to my friends. you will pay rent to the bank or govt rent till your lease expires. Then when they kick you out they give you like 6 months. Its not just going to be something they just show up and give you the boot.

this happened to my friends. you will pay rent to the bank or govt rent till your lease expires. Then when they kick you out they give you like 6 months. Its not just going to be something they just show up and give you the boot.

lol well heres the funny thing. we dont have a copy of the lease for some unknown reason, and the landlord i think lost the lease. Atleast this is what my roomate who is handling the financial stuff told me…i thought it was common sense to get a copy of the lease and figured he would have it. But he didnt do it and now the landlord dont have it either so i’m not sure what happens now.

well that is interesting… Still standard eviction is still months.

yeah…very interesting…my one roomate is kinda a dumbass but he is good at the financial stuff. i thought he’d be smart enough to have copy of the lease

wow man that really blows hope shit works out for u in the long run

that sucks hope everything works out ok in the end.

When I was doing rental houses, it would take a minimum of four months to toss someone out that wasn’t paying. If it was winter, and it is, it would longer.

atleast u will have ur MPH!

:bowrofl: :bowrofl:

but dude that sucks justin…but ya u should be able to pull off the 3 months there…does everyone graduate or just u

just me is graduating this semester

we got hope tho as we already emailed and called about another place that will fit all of us. its closer to campus and abit cheaper so thats a bonus. i just really dont wanna do a move right now.

but like whitey said, i think we will be able to stay here for a few months even if we have to move out soon. i hope we are able to keep this place this summer.

so wait people want to live in oakland??? my buddy lives in a nice building in shadyside that has vacancies …pm if interested

i think he wants to stay close to campus, for transportation reasons

no i dont really want to live in oakland but i have to since i go to school here. for the most part tho, oakland aint bad to live in tho. i’m used to it

shadyside is abit far for me. i have to be local to the campus as i need to spend alot of time on campus sometimes.

i think you have around 6 months to get out in the winter.depending on what month it is.this might work in your favor. 3 months of school and 5 or 6 months no rent.

only if u have kids under a sirtin age !

X2

Eviction is difficult, I am sure you guys can convince the authorities that the deadbeat landlord had an agreement with you, and they will let you stay there until the end of the semester. That process is pretty slow anyway.

Good luck, hopefully you’ll get a few months free rent out of the ordeal.