Getting the itch...

ull have a blast im sure! Either way, whatever you get you will have a great time and will not regret the purchase. I have rode quads and bikes all my life as im sure you have also, and I went out on a limb and bought a side x side… ill never look back. It fits my lifestyle a hell of a lot better, you can have a passenger, or 4… drink some beer, listen to music, and still go places you would never imagine it would go. :beer:

just got rid of my old cr125 bike and picked up a raptor 350 se. have been going out the past few weekends with a couple other guys…has been pretty good weather for the most part other than than last sunday(freezing). any good spots to go riding?

There are many good spots to ride around here… you are more than welcome to come with us, its just that where we ride, there is deep mud, and deep creek crossings, the raptor might sink, lol

In the summer it should be a lot better tho.

What area do you ride in? The riding around me is dwindling fast, my son and I are looking for more places to go.

Usually Creekfalls. Its near Perryopolis… there are miles and miles of trails… Ill start a post when the weather breaks.

That sounds great, thats not tooo far from us. We live in Carnegie and currently ride in the Rennerdale/Oakdale area.

I ride a 98 RM 250 and he rides a 2005 CRF150

Ill be looking for the thread,Thanks.

That works… a friend owns a farm that basically borders creekfalls, you have to ride maybe a 1/4 mile on a back farm road, but no police out there. There is a decent amount of parking out there… Ill have to ask him on Sunday about the max parking, etc… or if there is anywhere else to park. Either way we always welcome to come riding, thats what makes it fun.

He actually rides GNCC, he is a pretty good rider, he rides all winter w/ studded tires, he rides the single track up there, we call him drifter, because we will be on a main trail riding along and he will just appear up on a cliff to the right or left of us going down some crazy trails.

Do you guys ride in the winter?

Yes, I use to run the Trellborg tires but since my last set wore out I have not bothered replacing them.
My son is more of a warm weather rider and he likes the mud (whats he know hes only 16 hahaha) Hope to be getting him a new CRF 250R soon. I don’t race anymore but I use to run the 100 mile gncc series as well with my favorite race being the Blackwater 100.(loved that race!) I’m still “old school” I love my 2 strokes. I just rebulit my 98 and its good enough for me for a while.

Looking forward to getting together.

Sounds good… Ill let you know as soon as I talk to them. Just to let you know, this one guy Steve that has a Ranger brings his 2 kids sometimes and its fine, there more than welcome. Its just some of the people can get fairly drunk at times and you know the language and everything else that goes with it. I just didn’t want you to come and not know and feel like your not in a good environment with your son, just a heads up… other than that your more than welcome to come.

Where abouts in Perryopolis. I thought they closed down the old trails down there behind the hotdog shop.

You are thinking about Webster which is right by Rostraver airport. They did close that entrance by the hot dog shop (red caboose), there is about 5 other entrances to Webster, one being my good friends back yard. Webster hill is cut down to about a 1/3 of what it was. Its still fun to ride, but not worth a drive to go there.

We are talking about Creekfalls which is about 15 min down rt. 51 past Webster.