Getting the itch...

I can’t get riding off my mind right now, I will be looking for some trails to go riding on once the weather breaks. I’ll be putting the yz125 together soon and I haven’t been on bikes too much so I would like to find some more places to explore. I have some fields/trails above my parents house but nothing I can’t cover in ten minutes. I would love to find some other local trails and tracks that I could take the bike too. With always having quads I’ve been limited to driving at least 2 hours away to a friendly track. I’ve been known to build pretty much some of the trickest quads around and so far I’m loving building this bike up since it doesn’t cost $5k to make it track worthy. Speaking of saving money, hopefully I like riding this bike so much and find enough trails/tracks to ride on that I can go buy my Polaris RZR

im the same way. there are 2 bikes in my garage that i have little to no time on and i cant wait to be out on them.

boo hoo with the RZR… yeah there faster than the Rhino, but the ground clearance blows, and there built like shit, plus you can’t haul anything in them.

Buy a Rhino 450… scrap the motor, buy a outlander or renegate 800 Rotax motor, swap into rhino, 70+ mph, cheaper than a RZR… thats what I would do if I had to all over again.

my race quads have 6 1/2 inches under the frame at the footpegs, rzrs have 10 inches which is comparable to other 4x4 quads so it’ll not only fit through all my trails since its the exact width of my race quads but it wont get hung up either. if i was looking to haul something i would buy a mule. I want a rzr to use it for what its made for, strap a cooler on the back and take a ride with someone beside me rather than behind me for once. Please elaborate on how “there built like shit” … because its a polaris doesn’t count

because its a Polaris… it does count.

i heard they were pretty good:dunno:

I mean they are pretty good… if we lived at Glamis…

The steering feels like shit, tranny grinds into gear multiple times, there is no bed at all, or doors. The only thing that thing has going for it is its fast.

No doubt the Rhino is slow when it comes to speed, but it will climb ANYTHING… and kills in the mud and water. We cross the creek at creek falls, RZR riders get a wet ass everytime.

I am not a Kawasaki fan, but the Tyrex would be the way to go… Rhino style body, it almost has long travel from the factory, plus the V-twin power is great.

ya true. i havent ridden on the polaris, but i was just going from what i heard.

but from personal experience, the rhino pretty much does everything i would be looking for in a vehicle of that type, so you cant go wrong with it. even if its not the fastest.

Like I said, the RZR is fast no doubt… but thats about all it is.

I love the true diff lock on the Rhino… my one friend blew out a right front tire on a ride… he blew it right off the bead. Hit the lockers, put the left front tire on a tree, hit the gas and the one tire made the Rhino climb up into the tree. We took out the compressor, blew the tire back on the bead, off we went.

Im not trying to bash the RZR, its just, its not the best for around here…

If I were to do it all over again, I would have bought a used Rhino 450, sold the motor, trans, etc… and bought a Rotax 800 out of a Outlander 800, swap that bitch in… 70+mph Rhino… stock…

my boss just got a rzr and absoultly loves it does go pretty much anywhere pretty quick…but way over priced and the gear grinding thing is true…lol like nails on a chaulkboard

o and they are a huge pain in the ass to work on everything is so compact unless your built like a 6 old boy your screwed

It sounds like shit. Im not totally knocking it, im just saying for around here the Rhino is definatly a better choice IMO. If we lived somewhere else, I would have got a RZR.

i’m sure they’ll get the bugs worked out of it, like i said before. I’m not looking for something to do yard work with, just a bed to fit a cooler and a seat for someone beside me. if you were at the last wpsa race you got to see dana creech on a stock rzr with a pipe completely destroy the $40k rhinos/prowlers. the rhino might be your top pick but it wont fit all the places I have to ride now and I can’t be cutting trees down on private property. I have a trailer though and i’m looking for more places to ride so if anyone has some trails or tracks that i can check out pm me or post it here.

I dont know exactly where you ride, but if a RZR fits, a Rhino will fit all day long… the rhino its only 1.5 inches wider than the RZR…

Im sure dana was destroying all the 40k Rhinos… like I said before… me no race, me no care. The RZR is totally superior to the Rhino as far as power goes. The Rhino is not underpowered by any means.

There are many people on sidexside forums that have sold their Rhinos to buy the RZR and got rid of them pretty quick. The build quality is sub-par to say the least. Plus its a Polaris.

My race quads are exactly 50 inches wide which is the same as the rzr, I bump trees if I go through our trails now. A rhino is 54 1/2 inches wide, I had an odyssey fl350r for a while so I know what its like to be stuck at a normal trail. We have some trails in Blairsville near Chestnut Ridge Golf Course that we ride, the past few years I’ve been trailering to tracks all over pa and haven’t been hitting many trails. What sxs forums do you browse, I wouldn’t mind checking a few out

sidexside forums
rhinoforums
ridesidexside

We went riding this weekend with a turbocharged RZR… we were 25 min into the ride… his throttle cable stuck wide open, couldnt fix him, he had to get towed out of the woods and back home.

wow he’s lucky he didn’t smash it up then … i lube my cables everytime i wash the bike so yet again this isn’t something that would talk me out of a rzr

Just saying… kind of ironic… out of 15 UTV’s the poo poo was the only one that broke…

those pics you posted in the other thread look good, i might have to look into some of those trails and maybe i will get one. i just watched that fishers atv world show on the outdoor channel and they were at hatfield McCoy trials on rhinos and it looked like a blast. I get to try out Mines and Meadows for free and you can rent a rhino there so i’m going to take the ol lady up there for the day to try it out