Ghostline on my TV? Tech geeks help

So I have last years Samsung 32’’ lcd flatpanel. while watching it the other day I noticed a dark shaded line going from top dead center until about halfway down. Noticable mostly during lighter images. Did a little checking around and someone said to unplug the unit for 72 hours and it might be ok…dout it. Has anyone experianced this in the past. opinions?
BTW…dont have ext policy on it and 12 warrt is over. Thanks

Hmm. Not too sure if this applies to a lcd flat panel but here goes.

I picked up a 52" projection with a bad convergence board. On my way to replacing the IC’s and a few resistors. Anyway someone online had mentioned that they did the same repair but neglected to replace a few resistors, thus the screen had somewhat of a ghost image to it. They checked out the resistors, found the ones that were out of spec, replaced them and problem solved.

Probably wont apply to your case buy thought id throw it out there just in case.

called samsung, no help there…they didnt even want to research it to tell me what the prob may be. took some pics, shows up pretty noticable in photos, will post them when I get a chance.