girl at work

darkstar sucks

he had a talon that was a pretty good investment…

riiiight so good it didn;t run and he is now stuck in OC as a pool boy making up stories of little kim, and trying to bang russian chick who I’m sure they have been around the block a few times considering the circumstances…

what an investing prodigy…

keep it on the investing topic…

i don’t know/care about any of the O.C. stuff.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :owned: by SNS!!

buy a 1-2 year old used car, budget $200/month, still have the reliability, and save $100/month

This is the problem right here, nothing is saying a car that is 1-2 years old is reliable. Anything used you are lucky to have the factory warentee left that carries over, and these BS extended warentees on used cars always have a shit load of fine print. You don’t know how it was used or beaten. At least with a new vehicle you have the piece of mind like others have stated that you have a full warentee for atleast 3 years and most people get loans for 4-6 years on an average vehicles…

yeah… there is a reason that the manufactors warrentee doesn’t cover 2nd ownership!

So 1-2 years after you buy your new car with the higher payment, you still have the same reliability as the used car you could have bought for much less $$$. buying new does not make sense unless you have to drive a new car to impress yourself/friends or your work is paying for it. :smiley:

Most newer cars are very reliable up to 100-150k miles. little shit may break but for the most part, the big things(engine,tranny,body) will last at least 6 years.

financing terms aren’t as attractive on used cars.

and actually, when i’m ready to get rid of the Reno, my brothers will be 16 + 15. I might just give it to them. It’s fairly safe.

If you don’t know what you are doing.

sure if the car you bought was taken care of…

but if you get it off a lot you have no idea what condition its in engine wise unless they let you take it home tear it down and look for your self.

Like the salesman is going to come out and say, “Oh yeah this Cobra was beaten on and track driven by a god name Blue”.

common I figure some one like your self would have more common sense than that.

Not everyone in the world is a damn car guru or feels like fixing a car once a week.

When you buy a car you are buying convienence for your daily life, Nothing more nothing less. Its not an investment, its not a necessity.

not true, the first 3 years is covered regaurdless of how many owners. as long as it is within miles/ years it is covered.

Jenn bought her car with 21000 miles it still had the 3/36000…

i got 2.9% on the dodge

my dodge is trasnferd

like I said, most cars will go for 150,000 miles before a major problem. little stuff is expected with car ownership.

not if the person beat on it, thats my point…

and you can never know that…

Like Mike said:

My car was ALMOST 3 years from the original sale date. Sat on the dealer’s lot for 9 months, was test driven by someone who had NO CLUE how to drive a stick (found that out later…) when he got it back to the lot it stalled on him and wouldn’t start back up.

I would rather buy new and know that no one beat the crap out of the car.

I guarantee that my car won’t see 150K. Mainly because of how it was mistreated in the first 22,700 miles.

I want to buy a car with a hatch - i am thinking mazda 6 :slight_smile:

Saab 9-3 SportCombi.

end of search.