Girls car is back under the knife.

Easy slim.:tongue I picked up the second transmission months ago when all i thought I needed to do was put the crossmember in and put a working tranny back in. At this point, I have $400 for the tranny and $800 for the diff. I might be retarded but I dont understand your math above.

Are you saying full swap for $1300 + 900$ (LSD) + install??? Plus O2M clutches are more $$ than the O2J. Example ECS S3 clutch kit, no fw: O2M: $852.00, O2J $511.00 And the LSD is more expensive for O2M… $955 VS $890 for O2J.

So I am looking at $1300 for Trans and swap parts, $995 for LSD, $852 for clutch. So we are talkin $3147 in parts. for a O2M MINUS LSD install and MINUS rebuild parts $$$$ for old transmission.

My 02J I have $280 for the TDI trans, $852 for the diff and I already have a S3 clutch and fw with less than 3Kmi on. So I have $1132 in this so far, between the 2 transmissions I ams sure there are enough pieces to rebuild and make one good one, and all I have to do is replace some bearings for peace of mind. Shit I could blow 2 O2J’s for less than the price of the O2M swap. AND even if I wanted to sell my shit I have now, I am still spending more money that I dont have… I need to get this biach rollin SON.

Your information is still valid, and I know you know your shit… just workin with what I have at the moment to get the car out of the weeds behind the shop!