Gm's in the 9's for pocket change [split]

A junkyard 5.3 and a cheap borg warner s475 will get you to 700whp.

The why isnt every GM in the 9’s for cheap cheap?

cause people think a number is what gets things goin , when in reality its thw whole pachage . that and i have a little more ford in my car to help it go faster

yea every1 would junk ls1’s and run 5.3’s, its not that easy right adam jeezus idk y every1 thinks they can do shit for cheap and NO ONE DOES!

Actually, a lot of people do that. If you look on LS1tech, there are MANY 5.3 + turbo swaps that started as LS1 cars running some amazing times. The point is, it happens all the time. While you are at it, check out Performance Trucks… MANY people getting HUGE numbers from stock 5.3’s and 6.0’s.

Also check theturboforums.com and you will see that many other platforms are using this setup as well.

It IS that easy, people just don’t do it because they are convinced it wont work (by people that spent $10k on their motor).

and then when there is a big power motor setup, you need a transmission to hold that big power, followed by a rear end, followed by the correct suspension setup leading to a big tire.

in the end, it cost ALOT more then 6k to run 9’s. Im not sure why you are arguing this, as you should know.

I wasn’t commenting on the rest for a reason, I was simply stating that a junkyard 5.3 turbo setup would yield the power necessary and others were doubting it. It’s quite obvious that our particular platform has a couple weak links (4L60e if you are auto, and 10 bolt for both) BUT both can be overcome for less than $6k.

You’ll see whats up next year…

with that said its not that easy, and if it happens allll the time where are all of them around hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr jd! and it still costs 5g plus, a junk yard motor, then a fuel system and injectors, turbo and trub accessories, then turbo fab, exhaust…labor tune = moe nay and thats just under the hood, then u need susp trans rear and so on. all im getting at is that its all huge coin. 7g is getting a nasty built mopar which is the most expensive dumbestic car to build. 7g would mayb just get ur junkyard turbo motor

I could do it for under $5k with all supporting mods. I get what you are saying here, but Nick was also selling his original parts and buying used parts to get his build to stay within budget. It’s a lot different if you buy all new.

o beleive me i know lol i had a bare block that was 2g hahaha :Idiots but with a junkyard motor id have to go thru it make sure its good, freshy fresh it up a bit, and so on. if ur mean buying alllllll used parts and just hoping theyll all work together then yes i can see 5g but its a huge risk. in the car world you get what you pay for 99% of the time

Yeah, only new parts i am getting are the heads, cam, manifold, injectors, fuel system, overdrive pulley, and one or two small other items.

The short block came out of a turbo’d drag pack challenger. With crap heads and cam it trapped 148 on 18 pounds of boost, if i am correct. That block would normally be about 5500$ i picked it up for 3000$ from a friend who upgraded to an Aluminum 449 which is 12,000$ for a short block. The heads i paid 698$ for and theyre stock 5.7 heads. My friend does all the porting on the heads, manifold for free. He also gets the cam, pushrods etc for cost for me. Picked up the ati 17% OD pulley for 200$ brand new on forums. Sold my used slp ud pulley for 250$ bought that for 140$ made money there. Full fore fuel system was 1168$ i had a 500$ gift card to the company so i got it for 668$. Won a set of fuel rails for free at a race in November. My installer had a slightly used Novi1500 kit for 1250$ so i picked that up. Injectors were 550$ new. Had 750$ gift card due to winning points series last summer to a drive line company so i picked up my new converter and flex plate. Got used american racing headers and catless mids 1 7/8th pipes for 700$ sold my kooks for 800$ last week. Picked up a used 1000HP drive shaft for 300$

I do a lot of selling/buying and stuff on forums

man idk how ppl can let stuff go for that cheap but good for you, im just too nervous to buy used like that id be affraid of the abuse it had prior to me. shit i get nervous even buyn cars for that reason. thats y i but bone stock even tho they abused as well, just piece of mind for me i guess

Short block has 400 miles on it. Thing is built to handle a ton of boost. This dude is a multi millionaire and spares no expenses with his builds. Hence the 4 challengers he owns. 2 being drag packs which are dumb expensive. A NA 426 his wife races and a 449 aluminum twin turbo one. The TT car is the car my motor came out of.

living the dreaM i want a drag pack car

Richie stop doubting the man…in his defense i’ve seen the tt challenger at atco…but with that being said …like someone else said here don’t start selling your cookies before baking them…as in the car world alot of things can go wrong…so nick this better be done in february and run 9’s otherwise you won’t want to talk to anybody on the forum…

only if you want a track car only!!!

lol ill doubt him errrrrvyday till i see a 9 second pass. too much claiming goin on this froum lol:rofl and then i still wont care if hes gotta 9sec pass lolololol cause we are all dix on this site hahahahaaa

p.s. doubting lights fires under ppls ass’s so it should help get the project done to what peeps claim

richart im going to put stockings and a sexy skirt on u and make u hold my pocket, what do u think about them apples?

ummmmmmmmmmmmm why am i out

Ill be happy with low-mid 10’s. It will be able to go 9’s with the proper parts for sure. I wont be able to with the stock transmission im sure. I said before i just needed the cage to be able to go 9’s, i dont think i ever said ill be rolling out in february with a 9 second pass going on.