Goalie Sites...

Its been forever and a day since ive had to buy equip online. Usually id go to a local hockey store and pick my shit up, but being down in San Antonio… Not so much luck. All of my shit got thrown away by my old apt complex because I forgot to pack it up in the move.

I know goalie monkey… and thats bout it… What other good stores online for some goalie equip?

I found a full complete set of pads off craigslist in Denver, and will be picking them when I go back on Tue.

I need a cup, skates, a couple jerseys, and a hanging neck protector.

Any suggestions on some decent skates? I had the same shitty skates for YEARS, they were old as hell but worked… Its bout time to get some real deal skates.

www.donsimmons.com

90% of my equipment is Simmons

There’s always www.goaliestore.com there’s a BB wit nothin but us goalies. Lotsa good gear in classifieds. Also goaliemonkey.com. Dukes1hockey.com

Lemmi ask my buddy from Fredonia. He just got some real nice top of the line stuff for like half off from some website…

It’s worth looking at ebay too since sometimes you can find some decent second hand or very lightly used stuff on there.

Good deal. Only bad part bout buying skates, sight unseen, is the sizing. I normally wear 13’s but some times 12’s fit me. Rule of thumb is usually a size smaller. So meh

goaliestore.com is good for finding information on gear, then ebay from there.

what size pads are you looking for, I’ve got some 34+2 rbk pII’s I’ve only used 10 or 15 times. I want to drop a grand on a new pair of smith 6000’s, only looking for 550 or so for my rbk’s (they were $1500 custom order from Dukes).

Im picking up a set of 37" Vaughns, glove blocker, pants, and upper body for 250… I cant beat that.

Don’t bother :stuck_out_tongue:

Good deal, what model vaughn’s?

Vision. I can’t remember the actual series number on them but they’ll do for the price. I pick them up in Denver next week after my trip and already have ice time lined up at the AT&T center on thur. Can’t wait to get back on the ice.

heh, why do you say that? Blaine got a set and they are baller as FUCK! They weigh nothing! A kid had a set of 5000s when I was coaching in minnesota. They close up so well.

DON’T FORGET: Pete Smith wasthe gear designer for Vaughn for some damn important years

Hmmm, and Vaughn is better without him now, lol. All kidding aside, I don’t have much against Smith pads, but I just don’t think the quality or build is as good. Have you worn Vaughn’s before? Once you do you’ll never go back.

This upper body was one of the best ive ever own… It was expenisve as fuck but it was so light and COMPLETE mobility… You probably coulda shot gunned me at point blank and it woulda taken it

http://www.brownhockey.com/ca2100.html

Those Brown’s are definitely solid. I’ve never worn Visions, so not sure on how those are.

I had an OLD Brians upper that I used for roller and pick up games… it was light, thin, but it was nice… At times id feel some shots, but it was no worries.

I picked up a RBK upper and it was HORRIBLE. I was out of breath just moving around in it… It was tight in the wrong areas, limited my puck playing so I ditched it.

I picked up that Brown for I think 450 or so… It was pricey, but it was the combination of my Brians and the RBK(I felt like a damn robot with that cause it took that much net).

Im not going to spend thatmuch money on equip again… Unless for some unforeseen reason I get back on a traveling team or go to a higher level then mens league.

Which RBK was it? I have RBK’s premier model (black and yellow one) and love it!

Cant remember… Dont think it was a premier model. It was only around 200. I dunno, maybe I didnt give enough time, I only used it for 4 games, but it was too much. I was letting too soft of goals in cause I couldnt move.

Probably wasn’t the premier. The following year the premier 2’s came out and were terrible. Then they returned to their roots for the third generation model and got better reviews.

Brown Chest units are the best IMO, i have 3 of them! Vaughn is the shit i agree, i have been in Vaughn gear for past 6-7 years now wont go back, i do however disagree with you bout Smith gear not as good as Vaughn, most all manufacturers use the same materials to build pads nowadays, HD foams, Jenpro/Cordura etc so the quality of the PRO level gear is pretty similar, the craftsmanship is usually what comes into question. I would say Smiths stuff is right up there with Vaughn though. If smith wanted to pay the licensing fees for the NHL goalies to wear his stuff as branded i bet you’d see alot more kids/guys wearing his stuff. Thats how RBK became so big, they got a guy name Michel Lefevbre to build their pads and put pros in em and paid em to wear em, boom everykid in town wanted to look like Luongo,Giguere, etc.