Going to see Michael Moore?

[quote=“nappy1380,post:26,topic:36052"”]

Let me clear it up for you Sir Fry. My argument is that we actually do have a decent health care system in regards to providing care for those who need it, but other then that is pretty corrupt. Doctors see patients for 5 minutes and charge hundreds of dollars for it. They are quick to hand out and prescribe a pill, that also costs a few hundred dollars (doctors rarely prescribe generic at first), anytime they see a gullible person walk through the door.

So yes, our system is full of hypochondria enabling physicians. Those doctors are doing it to make money, and lots of it, not because they have mental disorder.

[/quote]

Dude you have no clue…

Doctors see patients for 5 minutes (+/- 10 minutes) because they HAVE TO! The way Managed Care is cutting reimbursement rates, they now have to see twice the amount of patients they did 10 years ago. Add the most expensive malpractice insurance rates in the nation (thanks again NYS) and your primary care doctor is lucky to make $100,000 a year. If you go to the mid west or far west they don’t have managed care like we do here and patients can sit with their doctors for a lot longer, but you’re in New York so suck it up.

And trust me, they do prescribe generics before any other ones. That is usually patient driven because of the cheaper co-pays. However, some managed care companies give money back to physicians for prescribing generics or 2nd tier drugs and get “dinged” for writing too many 3rd tier products. So please explain to me what their reason would be for writing a more expensive drug first? On the other hand, there have been more advancements in pharmaceuticals and something new might, just might, be better than the old product that was out before in which there is a generic substitution for.

If you ever spent 5 minutes in a doctors office you’d change your tune.