Golf Clubs

looking for a full set for a guy at work. let me know if you have anything. must be right handed clubs. thanks.

righty or lefty?

righty.

how much is he willing to spend? are you looking for just irons or woods, drivers>

well he was looking at the taylormade r7’s but doesnt want to spend that much incase he doesnt like the game like he use to. so probably anywhere from 100-200. if its just a set of irons im sure he can find woods he likes, or if u have a whole set including woods and a driver that could work too. this is a pretty open minded buyer haha.

Bump for that 350 yard drive yesterday

my friend is looking to get rid of his Titleist blades. can’t remember which series, but i can find out if you’re interested. model year is within the last 3 years i would assume

He could always buy the $200 set from Dicks. I bought it two years ago and have no complaints with it. I still hit the ball, follow it, go to the green and put it in the little hole. I got a 97 with the $200 set just this saturday. And if I was better at putting I’d have gotten a 79. I double putted every damned hole by inches!

So, the clubs are great for getting to the green. The rest is up to the short game skill…

a quality club goes a long way for ball control for a player with experience. obviously the equipment doesn’t make the player, but it certainly helps.

I believe this is only true with the driver and the putter. I can hit the ball further with my $200 set 5 iron than my brothers $100 iron. And by “further” I mean a whole whopping 10 yards.

Unless you’re an incredibly good player (<80) then any club will do. Most people hit around 100+ so in my belief it’s all about the player, not the club.

Tell him to go buy the $200 set just so he can get out and play. If later he wants a better driver or certain club, he can always upgrade the individual club later!

So untrue. Bill nailed it.

Avoid cheap-o walmart/dicks starter sets like they are the plague. The quality is laughable. Dents in clubheads, shafts separating from the heads, what a nightmare those things are.

Hit some of the name brands (golf galaxy or pro golf will let you test hit several sets) see what you like best, then go ebay hunting or have a set of knock-offs made.

the blades i mentioned are for a more experienced golfer. not very forgiving. so i’ll take back that recommendation. and i agree with what Geoff said

lol

Do me a fav and buy some decent used clubs, check out sports replay on NFB.

Talk to Pat, tell him that you know me.

I remember when noone liked to play and everyone played good equipment.

Now i refuse to even play public courses outside of tournaments for the amount of retards out there.

I need a decent set too, but it is not high on my priority list so I don’t want to go new and drop $$$$.

thanks to everyone that posted but he ended up buying the r7’s from dicks today.