Good car audio shops?

Who’s left in the area? Boomer? I need a deck put in my 02 VW Jetta. And the FM modulator hooked up. (Easy, two simple antenna adapters really).

I have the deck, adapters, and antenna. Just need a wiring harness and a dash kit.

why not do it yourself? or have kenny or jim do it… do you REALLY want to over pay to have a shop do it?

Audio Obsessions in Colonie should still be around

precision mobile audio in clifton park.

not there any more

John Zimmerman, over at zims. Think he bought precision in cp. He has a few locations now. Also tintstar does audio also.

Well, I used to do all my car audio shit. Jim P seems unavailable for this stuff now.

I just remember something special with the Volkwagens that makes this a pain in the ass/special.

HAvn’t been to a car audio shop since East Coast closed.

Seems it’s harder and harder to find a competent shop now.

what?!?! sense when?

Is that on Rt 9 just past Mangino Mitsu on the same side?

Zims bought precision. I would just take it over to tint star or have Kenny do it

The guys at audio obsessions did a great job on my alarms/ remote starts. I’ve Done pretty much most of my own audio work for years but just got sick of it. I’ve seen the quality of their work and it’s top notch IMHO

Is the Jetta amplified (monsoon) or just a basic factory radio? If its just basic then I can throw it in in about 10min. Just get the harness and dashkit from b.buy or wherever and come on over anytime after 5 on Friday, or hit me up over the weekend.
Also try to get some deck keys though… I don’t have any. And if you are putting an aftermarket radio in then you only need the vehicle side antenna adapter (vw plug to male universal plug)

Even if it is monsoon, I can still do it. it just takes a little longer to do it right.

Kenny,

It’s the basic factory radio. No monsoon in this car. Easy stuff. I have the keys as well.

I’ll get the dashkit/harness from best buy. Is it just standard stuff?

I bought those two links someone posted for antennas (for the fm modulator) and they were the wrong ones. I just ordered two more from TSS-Radio that should work. ($50 bucks too FML :()

Why is it when I go to crutchfield, they can’t find a specific vehicle wire harness for my car. Makes no sense. I think they are saying I HAVE to buy this stupid thing WTF: PAC C2R-VW2 Wiring Interface Connect a new car stereo in select 2002-up Volkswagen vehicles at Crutchfield

This thread should not even exist!

Next vehicle I buy will be a 2500 suburban, and I’m putting 4 15’s in it.

OK. WTF. I’ve read like all of VWVortex and got 5 different answers as to whether or not i need some stupid ass wiring adapter to just install a aftermarket deck in my Jetta. Some say you need this some say you don’t. That’s a stupid amount of money for a harness.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127C2RV…e.html?tp=3486

If you have the keys, why didnt you pull the deck and see what you needed to buy?

More info here:
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1002&CategoryID=26

Bought the antenna first then keys, yeah my bad on that one.

Are you serious? They tie the scan tool SOMEHOW to the factory radio? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That harness only shows as a steering wheel control interface. But yes, the data passes through the OEM headunit. Yetti was saying that there is a way of making it work with an aftermarket deck, but I never bothered. Whenever I installed a deck in an MK4+, I always told the customer to take care of that head unit because it will need to be put back in the car annually at a minimum.

Well I don’t have any steering wheel controls, retarded I still need to buy that to make it work. HAving to take my headunit out everytime I need to OBD scan the car? Fuck that. Looks like I’m buying PAC Radio BS.

Most expensive deck install everrrrr.