Good deal on craftsman tool cart

hows that site work? they ship it to you or something?

I have a BB griplatch upper and lower and its a damn good box for the price. I would jump on that cart but I don’t really need it.

it’s a daily deal site. $5 shipping right to your door. they do get you for ny tax though, which I always forget

sold out

Harbor Frieght sell 5 draw tool carts with roller draws for $159 all day long. I thought they would be junk but I checked them out and were built well. In fact I bought 2 and didnt put the US General name tags on it and it looks exactly the same as Snap-on’s Blue point cart… Bill

i have that cart and it is really nice, and to be honest i think its better than the craftsman boxes/carts…it seems over the last few years craftsman has been cheaping out on their tool boxes and using pretty thin sheet metal…i would honestly suggest looking at harbor freight for tool boxes instead of sears.

These are solid, they had one at Colonie sears I’ve been eying for a while but they are $400

I own a huge Snap-on Box and it cost huge money… I have looked at the Harbor Frieght tool boxes and thought, what is the purpose that you need a tool box? To store tools safely and keep them from being stolen/barrowed and not returned there both the same thing…LOL But the Harbor Frieght tool boxes are an 1/8 the price of the Snap-on box… They are made very well for the money and are made in China but lately alot of Snap-ons stuff is made in China too… Thats when I decided to save alot of cash and just buy where it is cheaper you do have to be careful and really check things out…Bill:shifty:wow

If you don’t use the box every day and open the same drawers loaded with a hundred pounds of tools 50 times a day you will never know the difference between a $150 box vs a $3000 box. The little things add up to quality construction in the end that works better and lasts longer.

The bearings are smoother and more consistent, the drawers are more torsionally ridged and don’t twist as bad with a lot of weight in them when you don’t pull it open from the dead center of the latch. That is the biggest thing that pisses me off. Load your drawer with tons of air tools and impact sockets, grab the extreme left or right side and pull the drawer open… cheap boxes twist and bind, good boxes open just as well pulling from the ends vs the center. The friction latches stay closed very well, and for rolling carts that’s important so you don’t end up with a 800lb cart on its face and thousands of tools all over the floor when they open up and tip over, or worse hit a customers car. I have yet to see a rusty snapon or matco box that isn’t 50 years old, and even the vintage ones still look awesome and work great. the list goes on.

My personal box is a craftsman grip latch ball bearing stainless lower and painted black upper (stainless uppers were back ordered and I didn’t want to wait). The stainless lower is thicker metal than the painted upper, a lot stiffer construction. Bearings are the same and drawers are the same. At $1000 for the set its 1/3rd the price as the same size matco, but I can defiantly see the difference in quality between that and erics $10k matco setup. I’m a part timer and my box works fine for me at this time… when things change that’s the first major investment I am making, Im hitting up the snap on truck.

mike honestly i wouldnt buy a new box you can find huge ones for lower price than a new ouble bank bottom. my box is like a 3000 dollar box amd there flr sale for like 1000 just my .02

I agree with you Krazy but if your not useing it every day or in a professional matter, then who cares what you keep your tools in at home… I personally would not go into a shop claiming to be a professional and walk in with a US general or even Craftsman box You would be laughed out of the shop or you would get looks like are you kidding…One Guy in the shop I worked at had 30k in just a tool Box… I have roughly 20k in boxes but I also bought it 30 years ago and was just offered almost that to trade up to the 30k box… Not happening much to old to care about the bull shit my box is better than yours…Tool boxes dont fix cars I always say…Bill

I feel the same way about boxes. Techs get brainwashed into thinking the box is their future and all kinds of other bs. It’s still thousands and thousands for some drawers full of air. I got a Mac box 14 years ago when they had a killer college discount of 70 percent off. And they still made money. The garbage tin boxes do fall apart but those are easily spotted. Craftsmans better boxes are fine though.

I agree to a point. The thing is if your smart and hunt around on craigslist you can get a used mac, matco or snap on box for fairly close to the price of a more expensive craftsman type box. Personally if I was going to buy another one I would probably go with Cornwell. Great USA made products at almost the same price as all the Chinese junk sears sells.