WTB: Tool Chest

Looking for a larger tool chest, 46" wide or larger, preferable with a top box as well.

Looking to spend under $750, I don’t really want a mac or snap on for $5000+ just to hold my tools. Just need something larger as my toolbox is currently overflowing. If i can’t find a used one i’ll probably pick up a new one in the next month or two.

lmk if you see anythign for sale or if you have anything that fits the bill. thanks

the ones they sell at harbor freight are in that budget and a pretty good quality, if you compare them to what they sell at sears they are better.

edit: just looked on their website they are 44" wide and the 56" cabinet is $800.

i can have a craftsman for a couple hundred more tho. Not that i am totally against them, but i would prefer other major brands first unless it was a crazy deal

i honestly think that the Harbor Freight boxes are better built than the craftsman.

they are better built, thicker sheetmetal and better slides, if you need a better deal on the hf ones let me know.

crapsman are complete shit. Ive got two of them and half the drawers are falling off the bent tracks.

+1 for harbor freight box. ive got one for my tools at home. used it during school and had no problems. the craftsman ones are shit. drawers cant hold that much weight without falling apart.

I am very happy with he craftsman box I have now it just isn’t big enough. If I was gonna spend 800 at hf I’d just spend the extra couple hundred for a new craftsman

Look online for a company called ATD. They are boxes just like Matco/MAC/Snapon. But are less than half the price. Very very durable. I bought mine for $1500. Equivalent from a major company would be around $4000-$5000. We were loading it into my truck when I changed Mavis locations. It accidentally fell off the lift from 5 feet in the air. Landed on its side. Not even a Dent. Everything works flawlessly still.

Here ya go

http://atdtools.com/subcategory.php?c=1&s=Hand+Boxes

I would go for the HF box over craftsman. My dad has one in the garage at home that has been used for a good 6-7 years without issue. Current craftsman boxes are straight up junk.