good deal on leasetreader.com v STi

was browsing…found this. good deal for someone (maybe?)

i am soooooooooo tempted. but having a sub-$250 a month car payment right now IS nice…

Actual Miles:
29,300 miles
Total Miles Allowed:
Miles Remaining:

What?

I don’t get it

yeah i didnt get the mileage thing either. i keep trying to re-read and re-read looking for some catch, but apparently there isnt. unless this is a total scam, which maybe it is, but that site seems fairly reputable for NOT having scams, so i dunno. im half tempted to contact the person selling it to see what the deal with the miles is.

EDIT: ok, if you look at the pictures, you can see on the dash it has like 22,xxx miles, so im thinking maybe by now it has 29,xxx on it and you get the remainder of the lease. maybe the guy messed up and put 36 months/36,000 miles in thinking he was supposed to put the original terms there?

How is this a good deal again…

buyout for 17grand! wow…that is cheap.

~400 dollars for a lease??? yikes.

But as far as paying to lease the car only for a couple thousand more miles ehhh not so much.

you have to finish the 374/mo for 3 years before you get to plop down 17g’s… no deal.

IF its legit, thats a fairly cheap lease for an STi (without having to fork up an assload of money down)

I have an sti and 400/mo isn’t much of a deal to me for a car that’s almost 2 years old.

if its a 36 month lease, then the guy probably JUST signed the lease, meaning its a used car lease, and he hasnt put any “lease mileage” on it yet.

how is that difficult to understand?

There are some serious typoes in there.

1. 36000 miles allowed in the lease, car has 29xxx miles, but it says there are still 36000 miles available?
  2. It says 36 months remaining on a 36 month lease. So where did the 29xxx miles come from?

Ok, so for 13486.68 I can drive an STi for the next 36 months. It will then have up to 65000 miles on it and if I want to keep it I pay another $17000. So $30.5k total and I own a 5 year old STi with 65k.

Deal not found.

ok, i never said it was a good deal, just answering the question of the confusion on the terms of the mileage.

ok, it makes sense now. so i guess its not such a good deal. i thought that it was maybe some left-over stock deal or SOMETHING where they were giving a way a good lease deal. i was not aware that you could lease a used car.

normally, i think leasing is kinda stupid, UNLESS you are like everyone in my family, and religiously buy a new car every 3 years, then you would prob have a lesser payment and would prob take less of a depreciation hit compared to taking out a loan and paying on that, then trading the car in 3 years later and risking that u lose money

of course, if you get a good deal on a lease too, then it may not be a terrible option either.

having now seen how this works out, i retract my previous statement of it being a good deal, although, not going to lie, if this came about a few months ago when i was going through cars like once ever few months, i prob would have sold something for this. i tend to think im a tad bit smarter than that now as i have a very manageable payment on my current vehicle, and intend on keeping it til i either 1) have it paid off and find something better 2) it grenades and i am forced to buy a new car or 3) i win the lottery and can walk into the Ford dealer and pay cash for a brand new F250 FX4 PowerStroke diesel

you drive a ford, option 2 is likely in your near future

Hmmmm… yeah thats a shitty deal.

You can find 05’s with that mileage going for 22k all day on Nasioc.
If you finance all of it with no down and get a good interest rate 22k/5 year = 366/mo with taxes & interest, etc. you are still under 400.

hahahaha you know i used to say that about fords. after working at a chevy dealership and working on them day in and day out and seeing how they have gone down in quality in recent years, i hate to say it but i feel better driving a ford.

im not so worried about my explorer, it has the 4.6 in it, VERY similar to the 4.6 used in Police Interceptors and those things have the shot beat out of them and seem to run forever. the only weak links in the Explorer are the transmission (im hoping and praying lol) and they seem to go through brakes a little faster than most, but brakes are cheap and easy enough its a price im willing to pay. my boss does a lot of traveling and had an 03 4.6 Explorer that he just got rid of and it had 180,000 miles on it, and it never let him down, so im not worried.

no poll? WTF