fs: take over lease! 2006 cobalt ss/sc

I’m trying to find someone to take over my lease on my 2006 cobalt ss/sc. u get 15,000 miles a year & its a 3 year lease. i had it for 13months & the mileage now is 16,200. its metallic silver, red & black leather interior. tinted windows & a mtx stereo system. payments are 360/month. the stereo system i will include for $500. if you dont want it you can just take over the car for the next payment.
The reason i’m gettin arrid of it is that i just got a good deal on 2004 sti that i wana get but cant afford unless i get arrid of this.
i’ll post pics a little bit later today
anybody want to see or more info p.m. me for my number & we can set something up

haha dave!

lol 360 a month for a cobalt…

Lease payments on a 20K car of $360 a month yikes. Good Luck.

get arrid?

are you a desert in disguise?

maybe a delicious dessert?

the car was 25k it’s fully loaded g85, onstar, 6airbags, sunroof, has all the extra’s

if i dont sell it the money i have for my downpayment on the sti i’m using for mods on this one

put it on swapalease.com or leasetrader.com

but you’re probably gonna have to offer a cash incentive to get out of this…I pay $267 a month to lease my GTO and it stickers like 12k higher than your car.

This might prove to be tough to get out of. I don’t see many people wanting to spend $8,300 dollars to drive a used Cobalt, albeit a loaded SC Cobalt, for less than 2 years.

You might have to stick it out through the end of the lease, then look at upgrading.

I actually went on Swapalease Looking for a GTO or C/SS to find someone looking to get out.They had a GTO with like 6 mos left for 190/ a mo.When I clicked on the contact info made me fill out a profile.No prob there.Did that then they wanted me to do a credit app. so I said forget it as I wasn’t sure about that.Now they(swap) are calling me twice a day.
On a side note my buddy has an 05 SS and his payments are $395 a month,no money down and he bought it.
D

why would you ever put mods on a leased car?

for the same reason youd pay 3148198 billion dollars a month for it. lol.

I did mine on leasetrader but basically they won’t even let you contact the buyers unless you have the credit to get approved from the finance company, so you dont waste their time because the process takes like a month by the time you go through everything

ill take them over what is the terms u got a pm.

maybe a stick of deodorant?

Hey the STI that your buying is it the one that was at West Herr in OP?

Can you tell me how much your going to pay for it because I’m looking to get one in the next month or so and im wondering how much dealerships are willing to go down in prices.

Good luck on the Cobalt…

its metallic silver, red & black leather interior.

Then a few posts later you said it had the g85 package?? The g85 comes with all black recaros…like the ones in my car…not trying to knock your post or anything…just making sure people get the right info. His payments aren’t THAT bad…mine are $337.16, but I plan on buying mine out…smartbuys aren’t as bad as they seem…

It is silly because you could finance the car to buy it outright for 5 years for around $400 a month with a few thousand down. You are buying an American car with an interest rate of what 1.9, 2.9 for 60 months. It is not like buying a New Honda like I did, paying the rate American Honda Financial gives to everyone with excellent credit simply because Honda needs no incentive to sell an Accord or Civic. Even if you plan on buying it outright at the end of a 3 year lease you still owe a balloon of what 10K or so? Then you have to refinance the 10K at used car interest rate of what 5.9, 6.9 for another couple years? Your getting raped by interest on two seperate occasions. :bloated:

Leasing is actually a lot smarter on a car of that type with high depreciation. If you buy a cobalt for 5 years, you’re gonna be upside down for 4 of them. If you want to sell, you’re fucked. Leasing puts the depreciation risk in their hands. If it depreciates faster than expected, instead of taking a beating, you say good riddance and walk away. If the depreciation is less than expected, you buy it out and come out ahead of the game.

Yes, I understand that completely. And I 100% agree with you. Yet, the point I was trying to make is that he is planning on buying out the car at the end of the lease… Which in my eyes is retarded paying interest twice on something.

And the high depriciation factor effects every single car probably except a base DX Honda Civic. I bet that is the only car one could finance new and practically always owe what it is worth.

And if you really wanted to level out the playing field simply put more cash down (assuming you have it).

Also, do the SC Cobalts really take a huge depreciation hit? I see that SRT-4s have held their value quite nicely.